Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Valensy Homburg.

I've always liked the sharp, tight shape and proportions on this (probably) Belgian hat.

20221110_155743.jpg 20221110_155736.jpg

Doing yard work in a homburg or a bowler might make it more fun.

Alas, I have neither homburg nor bowler, nor do I do yard work.

Has anyone here tried it?

Eric @Short Balding Guy does all sorts of yard work in fedoras and the occasional homburg. It’s obvious that he’s a cautious and fastidious man, but he’s mentioned some mishaps too.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Doing yard work in a homburg or a bowler might make it more fun.

Alas, I have neither homburg nor bowler, nor do I do yard work.

Has anyone here tried it?

I am raising my hand here in Minnesota. My hats and caps do yard work, chores, errands, neighborhood pour at 4:00pm on the docks, grilling and travel efforts. Truthfully I do wear a ball cap when using chainsaw or really hard outside efforts.

My frequent posts on this thread showcase my hats at these and other efforts. Admittedly I have plenty of hats to switch out frequently. Switching them out prevents me "wearing them to an early demise" and does give me reason to have a full hat rack of hats/caps.

I have been wearing hats for a while. I have worn a couple of hats to an early "death." I did not intend that. I learned what my "enough"is. Got to know your limit.

I rarely wear my bowlers. They fit and are comfortable enough, but when I look in the mirror I am not as comfortable with them on my bald pate. My problem and not a problem with the hat.

Cheers.

Eric @Short Balding Guy does all sorts of yard work in fedoras and the occasional homburg. It’s obvious that he’s a cautious and fastidious man, but he’s mentioned some mishaps too.

Thanks for the mention Brent. I, ike you and others, really do wear my hats out and about. Not all hats wear the same. We, or specifically me, do not hard wear all hats the same.

The past many days I have been very busy and wearing caps. Here is a collage of some of those caps.

i-dhsZXkb-M.jpg

Best wishes to all, Eric -

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21