Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Shudde Bros. Completely rebuilt by Wolfbrae:

DC456BD8-7CF6-4103-826C-AE812A6143DC.jpeg
83869F7C-F74D-4D83-95B6-C5D89906C751.jpeg
AF429329-8D64-419B-9BAB-586A80CB8EA7.jpeg

How’s the quality with 7x CB compared to others you have?
Quality is great but that question is too broad with too many variables to answer w/o writing a book. Perhaps the expert will weigh in. Opinions in regards to your question are scattered all across the hat threads, including some of my own. A google search will reveal many of them. As Vic said too, I'm a fan of the 7X CB's as well as 100's. I have a few of ea.

Quality is great but that question is too broad with too many variables to answer w/o writing a book. Perhaps the expert will weigh in. Opinions in regards to your question are scattered all across the hat threads, including some of my own. A google search will reveal many of them. As Vic said too, I'm a fan of the 7X CB's as well as 100's. I have a few of ea.

I think we need to define a western, too. When I think of Stetson westerns, I think of all those styles in the Miller-Stockman catalog. Laloos and BOPs, and the like. The poster seems to be referring specifically to OR-type hats, though maybe I'm misinterpreting.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Ooh-la-la! I'm in love with green hats and they don't come more stylish or covet desirable than that Shudde Bros. Being from the other side of the pond, Shudde Bros was new to me, I just had to check it out. Do you know? It could be an expensive investigation. I fell in love with a Stetson Panama.
Stetson straw.jpg
But at $205 it does water the eyes a tad, maybe if I think of it in £ Stirling at £168 it might sound cheaper.

As for Wolfbrae, haven't I seen them somewhere before?
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/wolfbrae-custom-hatters.103637/page-1

Mickey Q

Familiar Face
I think we need to define a western, too. When I think of Stetson westerns, I think of all those styles in the Miller-Stockman catalog. Laloos and BOPs, and the like. The poster seems to be referring specifically to OR-type hats, though maybe I'm misinterpreting.
Any older Stetson that’s not a fedora or short brimmed hat.

And I guess I’m meaning if anyone has both from the same era, which one feels to have the better quality felt

I understand what you mean in regards to those hats. Many of the models could be had No. 1 Quality thru 100. Its just hard to compare OR's, especially if you include the dress weights from the same era.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
The series of Italian hats "sons of decline" continues
Ossola 7.jpg

This is a complete "modern" G.B. Borsalino fu Lazzaro, Qualità Suprema. Size is 6 French point so a 59 cm. in EU or a 7 3/8 in US.
Ossola A1.jpg

The felt is a deep gray felt (Ossola for Borsalino), streaked with white threads. Very soft, it keeps its shape well.
Ossola 5.jpg
Had all the hats of the Sixties and Seventies been like this, probably some markets would have responded better, but the "creativity" to support the dying Italian hat market was too intense :)
Ossola 6.jpg
Have a nice day and thanks for your likes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko