Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Back home in Denmark now after a really nice Christmas break in England.

Decided to wear my recently acquired early to mid 1930s G.B. Borsalino Fu Lazzaro.

Soon be a new hat collecting year. Here's hoping for a good one for one and all!

View attachment 477059
Good to have you back on the continent, Steve. The GB Borsalino shines. We'll make it a good collecting year for sure.

As we approach the New Year, let’s wish for global peace.

I am *trying* to wear my steel gray Vintage Silhouettes today, but am so excited I can hardly keep it on!!
HAP-py New Year, everyone everywhere!!!
CD4DCBF7-FDEF-4FB6-921C-611616468828.gif

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Putting my Melton refurb in rotation for this morning. It's not one of the better hats that was made back then, (it's not the worse either), but, never the less, it's one of my favorites. It sports a nice classic profile that I like. The open crown is 5 3/4 and is creased to my preferred Tear Drop. The bound snap brim is 2 5/8 wide. I went with a black 1 1/2 ribbon and gave the bow a little up swoop.

On the block: I did a wet blocking on this one
IMG-20201128-075151994.jpg

Off the block and the brim is trimmed to my preferred 2 5/8:
IMG-20201129-125438170.jpg

I cut my reed a little longer than the sweat for enough flare to where my sweat sits on top of the opening and not sunk in:
IMG-20201129-132713309.jpg

IMG-20201129-133002837.jpg

Finished:
Melton-22-A.jpg

Melton-23-A.jpg

Melton-Fedora-5-A.jpg

Melton-Fedora-3-A.jpg

On the head: Not very good pictures....
Melton-Fedora-Bound-5-A.jpg

Melton-Fedora-Bound-4-A.jpg

The wife is telling me that I have too many hats and that I'll have to sell some of them. They've taken over one whole room! It's going to be hard for me to let go of any of them! I told her I'd think about it! Maybe.

Last edited:
Putting my Melton refurb in rotation for this morning. It's not one of the better hats that was made back then, (it's not the worse either), but, never the less, it's one of my favorites. It sports a nice classic profile that I like. The open crown is 5 3/4 and is creased to my preferred Tear Drop. The bound snap brim is 2 5/8 wide. I went with a black 1 1/2 ribbon and gave the bow a little up swoop.

I cut my reed a little longer than the sweat for enough flare to where my sweat sits on top of the opening and not sunk in:

Finished:
Melton-22-A.jpg

Melton-23-A.jpg

Melton-Fedora-5-A.jpg

Melton-Fedora-3-A.jpg

The wife is telling me that I have too many hats and that I'll have to sell some of them. They've taken over one whole room! It's going to be hard for me to let go of any of them! I told her I'd think about it! Maybe.
SUPER work, Terry. Talk to your wife about a new room addition on the house!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Travel plans were canceled yesterday. Initial flight canceled and we rebooked with an alternative airline. Informed of 6 hour delay and then delay with connecting flight. This combined with uncertainties with return flight find us cancelling. Thanks goodness for flight insurance so we do not loose gambling that we can travel on an airline.

I woke to have my own schedule this Saturday, New Years Eve morning. Early morning walkabout in a cap (cap inspired by the cap worn by John Wayne in the movie Quiet Man).

i-qD95wLG-M.jpg

Morning coffee under the brim of a Gannon Wanderer (whiskey beaver felt with charcoal trimmings).

i-NbQb3L7-M.jpg

i-MN37tH6-M.jpg

Back out for some chores. The birdfeeders got filled and I picked up more "essential" roasted coffee beans. I was sport'n a 30's Stetson Premier (Canadian made and retailed hat(Hurley hat find)).

i-Wpg27S4-M.jpg

i-bVSSpLR-M.jpg

I prepped a boneless rump roast last night and have started the grill. Shortly the roast will start its 3.5 hour cooking journey. We have invited family and a couple of friends over this afternoon/early evening. Hosting is much less stress than airplane travel at this time.

Standing outside by the grill finds me cozy under a warm wool jacket finds me wearing a Stetson 7x hat.

i-chWT8wd-M.jpg

i-hHmNsvF-M.jpg

Happy New Years eve day to all. Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
As we approach the New Year, let’s wish for global peace.

I am *trying* to wear my steel gray Vintage Silhouettes today, but am so excited I can hardly keep it on!!
HAP-py New Year, everyone everywhere!!! View attachment 477186

Agreed global peace! Charlie excellent vid.

Global peace and renewed focus on addressing global climate change for all, Eric -

Finished:
Melton-22-A.jpg

Melton-23-A.jpg

Melton-Fedora-5-A.jpg

Melton-Fedora-3-A.jpg

I don't always comment on your hatwork, Terry, but it is always of the highest quality. This hat is a great example of that quality: super! When the wife comments about having too many hats, just do what we all do: pretend you didn't hear it;)

Just to start the new off with a new batch of hats I'll post the hats of this week early. It's been a great year and I wish everybody a great New Year's Eve and hope to see all of you again the coming year and hopefully we will see some of the members who no longer post return to the flock. Cheers!

Morreton
IMG_5268.jpg

Janyska
IMG_5270.jpg

FGM Bayerland
IMG_5271.jpg

Tirard
IMG_5272.jpg

Mossant
IMG_5273.jpg

Barbisio
IMG_5280.jpg

Just to start the new off with a new batch of hats I'll post the hats of this week early. It's been a great year and I wish everybody a great New Year's Eve and hope to see all of you again the coming year and hopefully we will see some of the members who no longer post return to the flock. Cheers!

Morreton
View attachment 477290

Janyska
View attachment 477291

FGM Bayerland
View attachment 477292

Tirard
View attachment 477293

Mossant
View attachment 477294

Barbisio
View attachment 477295
Spectacular finish to the year, Stefan!!!

Finished:
Melton-22-A.jpg

Melton-23-A.jpg

Melton-Fedora-5-A.jpg

Melton-Fedora-3-A.jpg

Only one room? Tell her she's lucky! Great refurb, as usual, Terry. I really should drive over to Columbus and hav a beer with you sometime. We could invite Perry and scare up @DOGMAN and have an all Ohio meet-up.

I don't always comment on your hatwork, Terry, but it is always of the highest quality. This hat is a great example of that quality: super! When the wife comments about having too many hats, just do what we all do: pretend you didn't hear it;)

The joke I heard recently and have been telling for the past couple of weeks - MY wife says my two worst qualities are I never listen to her and...something else.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Only one room? Tell her she's lucky! Great refurb, as usual, Terry. I really should drive over to Columbus and hav a beer with you sometime. We could invite Perry and scare up @DOGMAN and have an all Ohio meet-up.

The joke I heard recently and have been telling for the past couple of weeks - MY wife says my two worst qualities are I never listen to her and...something else.
Excellent! That sounds like a great plan to me! Let's do it!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, steur! Unfortunately the wife's already on to me pretending that I don't hear her!

As usual, though, you're sporting an awesome collection of lids. I'm definitely envious!

Finished:
Melton-22-A.jpg

Melton-23-A.jpg

Melton-Fedora-5-A.jpg

Melton-Fedora-3-A.jpg

Wonderful job Terry. I know the feeling of letting them go.

Morreton
View attachment 477290

Janyska
View attachment 477291

FGM Bayerland
View attachment 477292

Tirard
View attachment 477293

Mossant
View attachment 477294

Barbisio
View attachment 477295
Happy New Year, Stefan. That Morreton looks fantastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points