Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
Just received a Temple in LT. Grey and it has the same fuzzies around the brim. Looked on the Stetson website and you can pick out the same fuzzies. And then I go to other hat shops and can definitely see a clean edge on the Temple’s pictures. So newer hats getting lowered finishing standards? I’m just going to sand mine out. The hat fits perfectly and I don’t want risk losing that fit.
Yeh. I called, they sent me a replacement with the same fuzzies at which point I decided I don’t care. And the second one fit better so there’s that. Thanks.

Art Hat1

One of the Regulars
I'm wearing this 6 5/8 No.1 Quality Stetson Western today, (except that I converted it to a 7 1/4 LO fedora). It sports a tall straight crown that's creased to a Tear Drop with a 2 3/4 snap brim. I scavenged the 6 ply mid-ribbon from a size 7 Byer Rolnick Western. The bow work and ribbon was all one piece. I had to wet it down to stretch an extra 1 1/2 out of it. The picture of me wearing the hat before I converted it is closer to the actual color.
That’s absolutely amazing, great job!

Akubra Kentucky Rancher on a rainy morning:

7F9A7E7F-C8AC-4A96-AE55-B9CB52B9027D.jpeg
3051579A-DAD4-4723-B915-EDC2203D2F83.jpeg
C73376EE-74AE-4F44-8588-4039FFAE6C5A.jpeg

StoryPNW

Practically Family
I'm wearing this 6 5/8 No.1 Quality Stetson Western today, (except that I converted it to a 7 1/4 LO fedora). It sports a tall straight crown that's creased to a Tear Drop with a 2 3/4 snap brim. I scavenged the 6 ply mid-ribbon from a size 7 Byer Rolnick Western. The bow work and ribbon was all one piece. I had to wet it down to stretch an extra 1 1/2 out of it. The picture of me wearing the hat before I converted it is closer to the actual color.
I love your conversions, this one is especially great!

TrappedinDC

New in Town
Yeh. I called, they sent me a replacement with the same fuzzies at which point I decided I don’t care. And the second one fit better so there’s that. Thanks.
So I got curious about the Temple fuzzy edges and found a video from Kevin at Hats & Guitars on different edges for fedoras using Stetsons for examples from 4 years ago. Looks like fuzzy edges have been around for a while.
07AF7B8C-BCD7-4C3F-9845-AA41D9078003.jpeg

Last edited:

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot