Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
What a hat! Rare ribbon treatment for Stetson, I think. Looks great on you—good one for this time of year.
Thanks, David!
I dig the bow, too.
Nevertheless, on many of our vintage fedoras I’ve never understood the long stitches that crisscross the middle boxed pleat. I know it’s a decorative accent, but it seems a bit hokey to me. But still, I dig it because it’s part of its historic styling and charm. I got this cool fedora from Brent off eBay.

Yahoody

One Too Many
Sunset and a new hat today.
1686029749334.jpeg

Gary in NC

One of the Regulars
Heading out for some morning errands in my Dobbs Hemp Rosebud. It's a recent purchase, but after wearing it a few times I decided didn't care much for its center dent. Thanks partly to the confidence I've gotten from this forum I put a little steam to it and made it something I like quite a bit.
IMG_3843.jpeg

IMG_3844.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3843.jpeg
    IMG_3843.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 30
Heading out for some morning errands in my Dobbs Hemp Rosebud. It's a recent purchase, but after wearing it a few times I decided didn't care much for its center dent. Thanks partly to the confidence I've gotten from this forum I put a little steam to it and made it something I like quite a bit.
View attachment 523330
View attachment 523331

That's a nice looking hat. I always liked the look of those Rosebuds but previously, I believe they were constructed of "Florentine Milan" as the Strats had been. I had a FM Start at one point, and hated it, as the treated weave made it feel like I was wearing a plastic bucket on my head.

I have a couple of hemp Milans I really like, so I think I'll take a look at those, now. Thanks!

P. & C. Habig Wien "Special Qualität" possibly early to mid 1920s. Overall very high quality which was standard for P. & C Habig Wien. I was confused by the city name of Cassel and discovered the name was officially changed to Kassel in 1926. I found this Stiff Felt back in 2022.

52956075331_5cb87ab438_h.jpg

52956055246_78902ab86c_h.jpg

52956079376_6550ee30fe_h.jpg

52956085811_6eb00d1d31_h.jpg

52956474255_255533f9d5_h.jpg

Interesting side note regarding this Stiff Felt. The Worker's "Arb." surname appears to be "Makovsky". I had never encounter this before with any hat. I have seen initials but not a complete name.

52163019727_c4581fcf3a_h.jpg

I was actually able to find him listed in an Vienna address book. Starting in 1925 there is an Anton Makovsky listed as "Hutmacher / Hat Maker, XVI/1 Koppstr. 64" in "Adolph Lehmann's general housing indicator: along with trade and business address book for d. k.k. Imperial capital and royal seat of Vienna and surroundings. 1925".

52167020941_7b7f3edbc2_z.jpg

GuitarGuy99

One of the Regulars
That's a nice looking hat. I always liked the look of those Rosebuds but previously, I believe they were constructed of "Florentine Milan" as the Strats had been. I had a FM Start at one point, and hated it, as the treated weave made it feel like I was wearing a plastic bucket on my head.

I have a couple of hemp Milans I really like, so I think I'll take a look at those, now. Thanks!
I had a Milan Strat too and hated it also. Hottest hat I've ever worn. Did not breath and like you said it felt like a plastic bucket.

Snowman

Practically Family
View attachment 523330
View attachment 523331
That is a fine looking hemp, Gary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana