Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Snowman

Practically Family
4E0D1BD0-98E1-4669-ADA3-FA03ACA54869.jpeg

Recently acquired Viquez straw from Mexico. It was an impulse buy out of curiosity, but I rather like it.

Gary in NC

One of the Regulars
That's a nice looking hat. I always liked the look of those Rosebuds but previously, I believe they were constructed of "Florentine Milan" as the Strats had been. I had a FM Start at one point, and hated it, as the treated weave made it feel like I was wearing a plastic bucket on my head.

I have a couple of hemp Milans I really like, so I think I'll take a look at those, now. Thanks!

Thank you. Honestly, I think hemp has become my favorite straw. It’s perfect for hot and humid North Carolina summers where there’s a risk of a rain shower just about every afternoon. I’m telling myself I won’t be buying any more this season.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I'm not wearing it just yet but I will be real soon when I put it together. A Dobbs Western Conversion in the process that a generous Lounger sent to me. It's reblocked, the brim cut down to 2 3/4. The felt's been thinned and pounced to a smooth suede finish for a vintage feel. It dry creases real easy. I'm still trying to decide on the kind of crease I want. I'll do a dimensional brim on this so it doesn't look like it has wings when I flange it and snap the brim down.

Attachments

• IMG_20230531_110558945.jpg
    IMG_20230531_110558945.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20230531_110715478.jpg
    IMG_20230531_110715478.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 34

RBH

Bartender
I'm not wearing it just yet but I will be real soon when I put it together. A Dobbs Western Conversion in the process that a generous Lounger sent to me. It's reblocked, the brim cut down to 2 3/4. The felt's been thinned and pounced to a smooth suede finish for a vintage feel. It dry creases real easy. I'm still trying to decide on the kind of crease I want. I'll do a dimensional brim on this so it doesn't look like it has wings when I flange it and snap the brim down.
Looks like it wants a center dent!!!!

The Shoe

One Too Many
Taking the 4th graders on an overnight trip. Day one was a visit to the Tenjinzaki headlands, a National Trust site, to check out the rock pools. We spent day two visiting a famous temple and one of the oldest soy sauce factories in Japan.
A hat was required to match today’s sportswear and tomorrow’s regular work wear, and to cope with scorching weather today and rain tomorrow. I decided my Akubra Snowy River would be up to the task.
IMG_0904.jpeg

As it turned out, it was far too windy for me to wear at the Headlands, and the rain only hit once we were in the bus back to school.
Four days off starting tomorrow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana