Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Early this week I wore a "Hand Woven, South American Genuine Panama." It was a Champ! Genuine Panama.

i-LBtDFMP-M.jpg

i-qHVqst7-M.jpg

i-Chpz4db-M.jpg

i-hQZFNCp-M.jpg

Yesterday a Gannon Beachcomer covered my head during an evening walkabout.

i-VZN56Rn-M.jpg

i-n2PhvSL-M.jpg

i-mdC3K8x-M.jpg

This afternoon I did some light chores in a Knox Vagabond.

i-VSQGH5X-M.jpg

i-jQFM4pz-M.jpg

i-kcPKQpm-M.jpg

Some grilling, watering, recycling center errand were completed under the brim of a Portis Dixie.

i-dwj4S74-M.jpg

i-HzjWRC5-M.jpg

i-WnbTpLS-M.jpg

i-rwJZ63F-M.jpg

This evening I wore a Stetson Vita Felt fedora for a walkabout. Home and off to to "Pour at Seven" at the neighbors dock.

i-XsD2zjr-M.jpg

i-3GfTGzf-M.jpg

i-vh3hCMw-M.jpg

i-K93swzH-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Early this week I wore a "Hand Woven, South American Genuine Panama." It was a Champ! Genuine Panama.

i-LBtDFMP-M.jpg

i-qHVqst7-M.jpg

i-Chpz4db-M.jpg

i-hQZFNCp-M.jpg

Yesterday a Gannon Beachcomer covered my head during an evening walkabout.

i-VZN56Rn-M.jpg

i-n2PhvSL-M.jpg

i-mdC3K8x-M.jpg

This afternoon I did some light chores in a Knox Vagabond.

i-VSQGH5X-M.jpg

i-jQFM4pz-M.jpg

i-kcPKQpm-M.jpg

Some grilling, watering, recycling center errand were completed under the brim of a Portis Dixie.

i-dwj4S74-M.jpg

i-HzjWRC5-M.jpg

i-WnbTpLS-M.jpg

i-rwJZ63F-M.jpg

This evening I wore a Stetson Vita Felt fedora for a walkabout. Home and off to to "Pour at Seven" at the neighbors dock.

i-XsD2zjr-M.jpg

i-3GfTGzf-M.jpg

i-vh3hCMw-M.jpg

i-K93swzH-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
The ribbon on that Portis is amazing. Portis was often fashion forward on their ribbon treatment

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning hat folks.

I enjoyed a morning walkabout wearing a Stetson Flagship fedora.

i-qCxv6rT-M.jpg

i-HtBPHxN-M.jpg

i-cpWmTMp-M.jpg

i-ns7jLvq-M.jpg

I grilled some breakfast in a Marathon Air Commander.

i-w7VhKF5-M.jpg

i-pLgc26z-M.jpg

i-5MSDgDK-M.jpg

i-Wmr8PP9-M.jpg

A fresh roasted coffee bean run in a Stetson Playboy. Excellent fresh taste.

i-vKNprb4-M.jpg

i-ZHf4nk4-M.jpg

i-WtnZsJ6-M.jpg

Real life happens at my house. When I put the hat down on the roses to get a pic of the interior the rose pollen stained the top of the crown. Off the hat goes to be brushed and steamed later today.

I switched to a lined Stetson Playboy to complete a couple more errands.

i-hgxzHSt-M.jpg

i-hnq8dVL-M.jpg

i-69LJ2BT-M.jpg

i-3M3dJ9X-M.jpg

I was moving hoses to water the bushes and trees under the brim of a Stetson Stratoliner.

i-TJ6svJP-M.jpg

i-TFQw6F2-M.jpg

i-Kcks4PX-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Bailey Panama Bowler. These don’t get mentioned very often in hat circles, but I like it. It’s nice quality and feels good.

View attachment 526249
View attachment 526250
It looks great! I’ve had two Bailey straw bowlers— one with a lime green ribbon and binding, and the other in black dyed straw with a flat and bound stingy brim. Kinda wish I hadn’t sold them!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I'm wearing my new Superior Hats panama this afternoon. It was delivered today, fresh off the plane from Colombia. It is their fino brown panama hat body, the crown is right at 4" at the crease and the brim is about 3 1/8". I had them give it a bit of an Aussie style.
View attachment 525629 View attachment 525630 View attachment 525631 View attachment 525632 View attachment 525633 View attachment 525634
I really like the dimensions and flange of this hat! Nice!

IMG_20230617_163946942_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg
IMG_20230617_163948140_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg

The H.C. Capwell Co. - Oak Brook

Approx 5 1/2 Crown Open - Just under 5 as shaped
Medium to light Grey - Thin-ish felt
2 inch grosgrain ribbon
2 5/8 brim with embossed edge
Wind trolley

This hat comes to us via the Great Fedora Lounge Hat Exchange from John @moehawk for a hat to be named later. It is an interesting hat that caught the eye of both John and myself as potentially being a Mac Lachlan store brand hat because of the size tag and for a few other features. In fact for me it really reminded me of a Mac store brand hat gifted to me some time back by Brent. Upon arrival we can confirm via the manufacturer’s tag that this hat is not in fact a Mac Lachlan… it is however a Caxton. I know some time back there was some discussion as to if there was any relation between Mac Lachlan and Caxton but I don’t remember there was any connection found. If not… There are definitely some similarities in components used by the two companies… maybe they shared a supplier on some items like size tags.. sweats. Ect.

On to this hat.. in stature and profile it very much to me looks similar to my Resistol Beaver 15 hats…. However the felt is a bit less thin and less dense with A decent hand to it that does shape easily. This The 2 5/8 brim is treated with a very unusual let’s call it embossed felted edge. Where they created a pressed in faux Cavanagh edge that is raised on the top by embossing the bottom of the brim. I think I remember someone discussing a similar edge on tier hat recently… but this is the first I remember seeing. The two inch grosgrain ribbon is a a bit of a color shifter…. In daylight black cherry to brownish… indoor.. black to almost bluish. The liner tip is the oil skin variety… along with a taller than sweatband oil skin sweat protector And The sweatband leather appears to be of high quality and great condition. For all of the above.. I’m happy and grateful to have this one in the collection. Now to turn over some stones to find something real nice for John in a 7 1/4. Thank you Johh.

IMG_3942.jpeg
IMG_20230617_163242617_HDR_Original.jpeg
IMG_20230617_163532742_Original.jpeg
IMG_3941.jpeg
IMG_3939.jpeg
IMG_3940.jpeg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I’ve been looking at this ranch property for several years and it just came up for sale. Wonder if they’ll take a couple hats for the down payment?

Gannon 100X pure beaver:

View attachment 525262 View attachment 525263 View attachment 525264 View attachment 525265

If I could find a market for poison oak and rattlesnakes I’d be a rich man.
You sport some great westerns, Brent, but this Gannon has a real wow factor. That ranchscape doesn’t hurt either. Make them an offer they can’t refuse.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 526363 View attachment 526364

The H.C. Capwell Co. - Oak Brook

Approx 5 1/2 Crown Open - Just under 5 as shaped
Medium to light Grey - Thin-ish felt
2 inch grosgrain ribbon
2 5/8 brim with embossed edge
Wind trolley

This hat comes to us via the Great Fedora Lounge Hat Exchange from John @moehawk for a hat to be named later. It is an interesting hat that caught the eye of both John and myself as potentially being a Mac Lachlan store brand hat because of the size tag and for a few other features. In fact for me it really reminded me of a Mac store brand hat gifted to me some time back by Brent. Upon arrival we can confirm via the manufacturer’s tag that this hat is not in fact a Mac Lachlan… it is however a Caxton. I know some time back there was some discussion as to if there was any relation between Mac Lachlan and Caxton but I don’t remember there was any connection found. If not… There are definitely some similarities in components used by the two companies… maybe they shared a supplier on some items like size tags.. sweats. Ect.

On to this hat.. in stature and profile it very much to me looks similar to my Resistol Beaver 15 hats…. However the felt is a bit less thin and less dense with A decent hand to it that does shape easily. This The 2 5/8 brim is treated with a very unusual let’s call it embossed felted edge. Where they created a pressed in faux Cavanagh edge that is raised on the top by embossing the bottom of the brim. I think I remember someone discussing a similar edge on tier hat recently… but this is the first I remember seeing. The two inch grosgrain ribbon is a a bit of a color shifter…. In daylight black cherry to brownish… indoor.. black to almost bluish. The liner tip is the oil skin variety… along with a taller than sweatband oil skin sweat protector And The sweatband leather appears to be of high quality and great condition. For all of the above.. I’m happy and grateful to have this one in the collection. Now to turn over some stones to find something real nice for John in a 7 1/4. Thank you Johh.

View attachment 526365 View attachment 526366 View attachment 526367 View attachment 526368 View attachment 526369 View attachment 526370
Beautiful hat with a stunning color scheme!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Family trip to my homeland of Southern California. My Greeley western homburg was a good companion. Also montecristi ultrafino, a Cuenca work hat for the paver walkway I put in, and today’s hat was Weather Hat Co., silver belly BOP.

Attachments

• IMG_9531.jpeg
    IMG_9531.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9370.jpeg
    IMG_9370.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9349.jpeg
    IMG_9349.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8428.jpeg
    IMG_8428.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 41
  • CAE73B26-EE06-4DA1-AD62-36E7294B36EB.jpeg
    CAE73B26-EE06-4DA1-AD62-36E7294B36EB.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 40
You sport some great westerns, Brent, but this Gannon has a real wow factor. That ranchscape doesn’t hurt either. Make them an offer they can’t refuse.

Thanks, Jeff, Gannon is a great hatter.

The Ranch is 785 acres and the current owners paid the fees and penalties to have it removed from California’s Williamson Act that protects farm land. Without the restrictions it’s going to sell in the millions without any possibility of being able to pay the mortgage by raising cattle. This dream died quickly, but I have a good supply of dreams. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails