Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

I haven’t been participating in Stingymas this year, but this new Resistol Beaver 5X Kitten Finish would fit right in:

IMG_7562.jpeg
IMG_7558.jpeg
IMG_7561.jpeg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for your likes and appreciations on the lobbia Borsalino "Mirtillo"
E&T 4.jpg
I continue with hats from a distant era
E&T 2 bis.jpg
Ecuyer & Thomas a few years older than the Borsalino.
No indication of color or anything else, just the size which is a full 60 or a 6 1/2 for the French and a 7 1/2 in the USA.
It is a little large for my head, but a thickness brings it back into wearable condition.
E&T 5.jpg
A comment on this homburg or "Diplomatique": the felt is very thin as is the sweatband and being unlined makes it one of the lightest homburgs I have worn
E&T interno.jpg
For lovers of completeness I also attach a photo of the inside of a hat probably built between the 1920s and 1930s and arrived new some years ago.
E&T 1.jpg
Congratulations for the array of hats that invades the screen every day.
I really appreciate "stingys" for Christmas. I will try to open an "Italian" chapter in the next few days.

Toller Hut und Aschenbecher!

I don't use tobacco anymore but when I once did in Germany and we could still smoke indoors, those solid little ashtrays were in all the pubs (Kneipe). It's a fond memory.

I don't miss tobacco but somehow at the same time I do. I actually wonder if it might be why our culture is so cranky these days (or at least a contributing factor): western civ is suffering from collective nicotine withdrawal!
Thank you! I have other smoking related items. I might have an interesting addition on the way. :)

The Shoe

One Too Many
My final contribution to the Stingymas celebrations. This Christys Exclusive Kent Fur Felt Trilby was my first fur felt hat. It remains my stingiest at 4cm.
Christys’ appalling customer service was also what gave me the push to sign up to the Lounge. Being new to hats, I didn’t know if I could snap the brim down, or if doing so would damage the hat. I politely asked the online help several times. They always said they would pass on my question. I got messages to say I was in a queue for answers, but none ever came. After getting frustrated, I sent angry messages saying that surely they could answer such a basic question about one of their own hats. Every question, from the polite beginnings to the angry, and finally blunt and rude ones were routinely ignored.
It took about two minutes from me signing up for the Lounge until Brent gave me the answer I was after.
Perhaps I should be grateful to them for getting me onto the Lounge.
IMG_2223.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda