Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Sears Carlsbad:
20240212_075616.jpg
20240212_075623.jpg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I go weeks without complementing Eric's hats - an error on my part - as words escape me being able to describe such an array of impeccable hats and caps. I've used Eric's hats as inspiration for some of my own customs.

Thanks for sharing, Eric.

Good morning hat folks. This morning's walkabout was under the brim of a Canadian homburg.

i-TWbhHWQ-M.jpg

i-xkLnxxw-M.jpg

i-dJjtJ4w-M.jpg

i-6s3NWbZ-M.jpg

I enjoyed my morning coffee under a light gray fedora.

i-QSVpsgp-M.jpg

i-nkrkhgM-M.jpg

i-ssKwd4g-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Not one, but TWO stunners! Very nice, Eric.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
OK, I'll post today's hat in a bit, but as the jokes thread is on hiatus, and I'm just busting to tell this hat joke, here it goes...

A Rabbi is walking down the street when a gust of wind comes along, lifts his hat off his head, and takes it about 20-30 feet down the street. Now Billy, a young man (who wasn't Jewish), grabbed that hat and returned it to it's owner.

The Rabbi said, "Thank you! Here's $20 for a reward!"

So naturally, he takes his $20 to the track.

Upon arriving home, Billy's wife says, "Where have you been?"

Billy tells the story of rescuing the hat and tells his wife, "When I got there, a horse in the first race was named Fedora, so I put my $20 on that horse, it paid 10:1 and sonofagun, it won!"

"In the second race, there was a horse named Stetson. I figured this was a sign, so I put my $200 dollars on the horse paying 5:1 and it won, too!"

"In the third race was a horse named Chateau, which is French for hat, so I put my $1000 on it, and darn it, it came in fifth and I lost it all!"

His wife rolled her eyes and told Billy, "Chateau is French for house, Chapeau is French for hat. What was the name of the horse that won?

Billy replied, "Some Japanese horse named Yarmulke!"
I don't get it.

;)

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Sunny day and temperatures above the seasonal average, here in the north-east of Italy.
Donna Borsa 5.jpg
Conversion from a women's Borsalino to a men's hat by Fleur, hatter of Penumbra Hats in Netherland.
Donna Borsa 1.jpg
The plus of this hat is the velour felt in blue and its malleability.
Bought cheaply in the States, it had its conversion a few years ago.
Donna Borsa 3.jpg
The discussion for its new shape was brief with Fleur: the oversized brims were used to obtain a size suitable for my head and the rest came by itself.
Matching ribbon as well as the hems of the brims.
Donna Borsa 6.jpg
I watched, without participating, in the parade of beautiful hats, but some physical problem kept me away from hats, walks and normal life.
The sun is back to bring new/old hats to life that need dusting off.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning from gray and cool Minnesota. This mornings walkabout was taken under the brim of a Knox Twenty. Arriving home from my walkabout I observed the crown and brim had changed shape since taking it from my hat rack. The larger brim and open crown was "naturally" shaped and creased by the pine limbs I was walking under.

i-gFz6QKD-M.jpg

i-Fkjbsqb-M.jpg

i-ZR9S7v2-M.jpg

I switched to a Stetson Playboy for a morning cup of coffee. I did not get this hat "naturally adjusted."

i-CsN6wQP-M.jpg

i-cxvLgL4-M.jpg

i-LTGsrLQ-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

VoodooSan

A-List Customer
Good morning from gray and cool Minnesota. This mornings walkabout was taken under the brim of a Knox Twenty. Arriving home from my walkabout I observed the crown and brim had changed shape since taking it from my hat rack. The larger brim and open crown was "naturally" shaped and creased by the pine limbs I was walking under.

i-gFz6QKD-M.jpg

i-Fkjbsqb-M.jpg

i-ZR9S7v2-M.jpg

I switched to a Stetson Playboy for a morning cup of coffee. I did not get this hat "naturally adjusted."

i-CsN6wQP-M.jpg

i-cxvLgL4-M.jpg

i-LTGsrLQ-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
That's a pair of aces right there, Eric.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Something of a departure for me today is this new canvas hat from Dorfman Pacific.

Like many of us here, I have yet to find a non-fur felt fedora or western hat that excites me half as much as my furs, but this one comes closer than any others I have tried. I’m gonna knock about in it the next bit of time and see if I take to it.

I actually suspect it will wear-in nicely - I just wish the brim were smaller.

IMG_0437.jpeg

IMG_0438.jpeg

IMG_0441.jpeg

IMG_0445.jpeg

I did put in a loose Mallory liner for added comfort.
IMG_0446.jpeg

IMG_0442.jpeg

VoodooSan

A-List Customer
I feel like I owe all you folks an apology for the hat I'm posting today. This is SO far below the level of overall excellence you people exhibit every day, that I am almost ashamed to show it. (But I ran out of shame about 40 years ago AND I can relate some entertaining background about the hat.)

This one has no lining, no tags, no writing under the headband, and whatever embossing used to adorn the as-of-yet unidentified logo, wore off decades ago. The felt is mediocre at best, although the ribbon and wide headband are nice touches.

I acquired this hat in some long-forgotten antique store, in some small town in Oregon or Washington, during a two-week driving vacation in '97 or '98. I keep it, and have a fond spot for it, because it epitomizes, to me, the kind of bargain-priced fedora a farmer would have worn while hitched to a plow behind his mule. He'd probably brush off the same hat on Sunday for going to church, then clap it back on his head Monday before the sun was up. Which is why, in my mental filing cabinet, this is referred to as my "No name farmer's fedora."

Please don't stone me...:)

No name farmer's fedora 1.jpg
No name farmer's fedora 2 .jpg
No name fedora logo.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner