Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Pellie

One Too Many
A Northwest hats panama by Mike Miller.
20240406_122006.jpg
20240406_122101.jpg
20240406_122146.jpg

RBH

Bartender
View attachment 604802
We are going to This lady's funeral today. Through the tears, love & laughter and bright colours will prevail. Click on the link and see the order of service. We shall all be wearing Hawaiian Leis, that's those garland of flowers worn around the neck. It's going to be some day. Painful? Yes. But she will have a leaving party like no other. Photos later.

She sounds like a Grand Lady.
I am thinking of you and her other friends at this time!

View attachment 604802
We are going to This lady's funeral today. Through the tears, love & laughter and bright colours will prevail. Click on the link and see the order of service. We shall all be wearing Hawaiian Leis, that's those garland of flowers worn around the neck. It's going to be some day. Painful? Yes. But she will have a leaving party like no other. Photos later.
I am sorry for your loss, Robert. You will for sure send her off in style.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 604802
My condolences, Robert. Sounds like one great, colourful sending off you're giving your friend. A wonderful celebration of her life and friendship.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Moores tan Bowler for the first spring like day today.

View attachment 604862

Despite the logo designation, Moores was one of the Manchester area hatters.

View attachment 604863
Another unique and fascinating interior Steve. Is that a cloth sweatband?

I’ve never seen a tightening string at the top of a sweatband like that - that’s really interesting. Intuitively it seems too high to actually have good effect around the forehead area though - does that actually work?

Thanks for showing!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Another unique and fascinating interior Steve. Is that a cloth sweatband?

I’ve never seen a tightening string at the top of a sweatband like that - that’s really interesting. Intuitively it seems too high to actually have good effect around the forehead area though - does that actually work?

Thanks for showing!
Thanks Nathan, you're welcome.

I've not had the need to tighten the sweatband, so I don’t know if it works or not.

And yes, it is a cloth sweat. The hat is ca. 1940s btw.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
She sounds like a Grand Lady.
I am thinking of you and her other friends at this time!
My condolences, Robert. Sounds like one great, colourful sending off you're giving your friend. A wonderful celebration of her life and friendship.
I am sorry for your loss, Robert. You will for sure send her off in style.
Thank you all so very much, fellows, your condolences are much appreciated. Joe, you are not wrong. What a send off, the lady had a New Orleans funeral procession. Click on the link, amazing.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Sold my only other Disney not long ago. Was well paid, but I searched for years for one and was grieving its absence.
It was in rough shape, but restored to a decent level.

Snagged this 7 1/8 Disney “Robin Hood” Twenty last week dirt cheap! So, a solid, perfect replacement!
Love the pearl gray!
All I had to do was a reblock and upsize, and repair a few moth bites.
Started with 2 1/2 brim and now is sized up to 7 1/4+ with 2 9/16” brim, squared up crown and shaped with my half diamond, half c-crown crease.
3045FB7C-845D-47CB-A178-1DF719F75DB6.jpeg
3FA35330-60EF-4703-A3E0-6E39541AC39B.jpeg
92A12502-DF6B-4150-8292-62C5A99E337D.jpeg
E3728431-76C7-4368-890C-A3F16CB4A6D4.jpeg
18CE4965-DD01-4333-A875-D16769A0C3C1.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner