Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Stetson Stratoliner, early lightweight.

042924_2.jpg

042924_3.jpg

042924_6.jpg

042924_1.jpg

042924_4.jpg

042924_5.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
One of the black hats from many years ago that I really like and have given a lot of research to in recent years
The Perfection D.jpg
This has no name, the patch inside the crown has faded over the years.
The Perfection A.jpg
It is a mixture of wool and fur and features two writings in bas-relief on the sweatband.
"The Perfection" the other is "Stylish"
The Perfection scritta.jpg
The Perfection Stylish.jpg
I found this on the sweatband of a bowler hat sold, and perhaps produced by Cabella, a hatter and shopkeeper in Milan.
The Perfection 2.jpg
I really love this hat as well as others that do not have famous brands, known for their workmanship and diversity from what can be seen in the hats of those distant years
The Perfection C.jpg
A heartfelt thank you to all the loungers who show off great quality hats every day. I don't have time to comment on them all, but believe me it's always pleasant to scroll through the FL pages

VoodooSan

Practically Family
My newest (to me) rolled in yesterday, and will, of course, be my hat for today. It's another Champ Kasmir Finish, this one with the incredibly strange model name of Portly Lyric. I can't even BEGIN to figure out where they came up with that. It's got a 1 & 7/8" bound-edge brim, the crown's 4" at the front bash, and 4.25" at the side, and it sports a 1 & 7/8" ribbon. Color is shown as "Raven Grey." Not overly jazzed about the glass-and-metal hat pin; maybe it looked better back in the day. I'm considering replacing it, but haven't decided yet.

Between the shown original price, and the fact that the retail store that sold it burnt down in 1957, I'm estimating this one as mid-50s vintage.

Champ PL 1.jpg
Champ PL 2.jpg
Champ PL 3.jpg
Champ PL 4 .jpg
Champ PL 5.jpg
Champ PL 6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred