Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is the Single Most Useful Thing This Place Has Given You?

carter

I'll Lock Up
Oooh, it's getting Chile in here. :)

Originally posted by Marc Chevalier
Carter is having his period, it seems.

Nope, that would be punctuation not spelling. :)

All in jest gentlemen. I apologize if I've given offense. :eek:

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
A group of people I can understand. There are many things about modern life whose appeal is hidden from me.

I hope I have given other FLers some encouragement to dance.

Caledonia

Practically Family
A warm, fuzzy feeling, most akin to brushed cotton sheets and jammies on a fresh winter's morning, but sometimes harkening more to a suspicion that one's keyboard isn't earthed properly.....

And meeting people who understood that last bit!

Rosie

One Too Many
Truthfully, I'd say the people.

#1 Who knew there were so many of you who liked to dress vintage, vintage inspired or just plain dress sharply? Very cool indeed.

#2 Where in all the world would I have met another young Black chick, even though shes on the other side of the country who digs vintage?

#3 Where would I have ever met wonderful, kind, interesting people who actually share an interest in exchanging written letters (though I've been very bad lately and not written ANY letters) :eek:

#4 All of guys are great. You've made me laugh, helped me buy phones and appliances, shared your vast amounts of knowledge, and given me the greatest compliments.

You've also made me spend lots of money on stuff. Maybe you all aren't that great after all. lol

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Being able to converse with like-minded, funny, intelligent people. I was pretty much a vintage novice when I first joined and I've learned so much from the people here, who have been so generous in sharing their various areas of expertise (which I can then pass off as my own - it's fun telling my male friends a thing or two about suits :p )

Mojito

One Too Many
Aside from some lovely friendships and interesting conversations...the courage and skill set to try wearing vintage hosiery. Without that long running thread in the Powder Room, and the patience and stream of practical advice from the ladies who participated in it, I don't think I'd have tried. As it was, I read through it and all my questions were answered without the need for me to ask any new ones. They demystified the process and proved how practical, easy and even economical it is to wear vintage hose.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I've gained at least a two year college worth's of education pertaining to leather jackets, and with it, much insight into American history and culture.

skydog757

A-List Customer
A sense of belonging. That's rare for me. Thank you all for that.

Information on topics that can't be found (or trusted) elsewhere.

Finding one place on the web where people have a sense of manners. I find that very reassuring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo