Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is the Single Most Useful Thing This Place Has Given You?

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
There's such a vast amount of accumulated knowledge here. What's the one thing that you have taken from this joint that you've most incorporated into your daily life? Clothing care? Hat wearing? Skin care? Hair style?

It would be hard to choose!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
A desire to really learn how to sew, rather than just knowing how to do basic repairs. Also, knowledge about Oil Cleansing Method for skin.

That is followed in a close second by information about hair setting lotion and rolling techniques.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Just the fact that there are more people out there IN MY AGE GROUP who wear fedoras! Not to put down the older folks, it just seems to amaze me more when I see a younger person wearing vintage clothing.

And I never knew there were so many of us out there! The community in itself is great.

db5zx

Familiar Face
Style...

...oh... and the reassuring knowledge that I'm not the only one dressing like my Grandpa (and listening to the same music) :)

Jens

Feraud

Bartender
This is easy for me.. learning new theory.

The eras we favor are very diverse in style and the Lounge is a great classroom for sharing ideas and material.

zaika

One Too Many
mikepara said:
The Confidence to dress well.

This is what I was going to say. :)

This website has also connected me with a group of people that I have been wanting to meet for many years...people who appreciate an amazing era. The ladies, specifically, have given me tips and ideas on how to care for myself in a way that gives me a sense of confidence and beauty that I never really thought I had. I go out now with a better sense of who I am.

:D

A place to actually use/spread the knowledge i have acquired regarding vintage menswear. And the single most concentrated resource from which to learn more. (I know very little, compared to other eras, about mod/minette menswear. This is the place to find someone who does and can educate me.)

bk

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Style... and I'd have to say a chunk of my life came from this place. So much to choose from that I've incorporated into my life, that I can't sum it better than to say everything I've gained from this place put together is what's been most useful.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Camaraderie, and the knowledge that I am not alone in the universe in my love of the fedora.

Also, lots of tips and facts and links to acquiring good hats.

karol

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Lauren said:
Quite a few real-life best friends.

Ditto that. I've made really great connections with the sort of people I think I've looked for throughout life.

And also the knowledge to make informed decisions in buying everything from shoes to hair jelly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn