Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What jeans are you wearing today ?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
JEXMBJy.jpg

Come on, this thread would have died, anyway.

As long as the "What hat are you wearing today?" is there, the other threads got no chance.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I give it a rest, I only have 3 jeans, not going to post them in cycles over and over again. until I wash them or find a fading spot or something special like that:) thread is too common to die, it will get revived every now and then.
Try a medium weight raw denim in your normal size Trench maybe you will like it.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Levi's® Vintage 1954 501z® Jeans
Fit: High mid-rise, slim, tapered leg. After soaking, these jeans will shrink 2" in the waist and 2-3" in length. Order one size up.
Fabric: Cone Mills unsanforized shrink-to-fit selvedge denim, 12 oz. (14 oz. after soaking).
Features: LVC 501s are authentic reproduction of vintage Levi's jeans. In 1954, when Levi's began selling their jeans on the East Coast, they introduced a zippered version of the 501z. Zipper fly, Two Horse leather patch, hidden back pocket rivets, Big E red tab.
Made in U.S.A.

IMG_5147.jpeg

Today, the classic bright blue, buttoned 5-pocket in slim-fit, by C&A.

Attachments

• IMGP7413.JPG
    IMGP7413.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 509
  • IMGP7414.JPG
    IMGP7414.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 584
Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
uDDix31.jpg

I'm vacuuming my jeans
The right one is the only unsanforized I have (will ever buy) leg twisting and i feel the fly is also twisting slanting toward the right
In the future I will only buy unsanforized if the fabric is presoaked to eliminate any twisting.
Here is interesting comparison of pocket finishing from the inside
One just finish it with zigzag edge finisher, one finish it completely separated, one use the hickory pocket bag to cover the edges
YoLJcJz.jpg

Also shown one has yoke lining.

Fly construction
7vBs0g8.jpg

This one has selvedge fly but as you see it is twisting too slightly. Curvy shallow pocket

UGBExNy.jpg

This one just standard bulky fly but the bottom part is cut angular probably to look more natural when forming wisker on the outside, sad pocket bag material... somewhat a chevron shape bottom, much easier to find coin I bet

I05JY3v.jpg

Another selvedge fly, but not twisting both side lay on top of each other. It also have square bottom pocket deeper than other 2, i think this will make object lays horizontally and then drop on each corner inside the pocket and difficult to reach.

Just another long post of mine... sorry

I’ll certainly have to do a better job with photos but here’s a grainy shot of the ship johns. I really like this cut. They feel like work pants and I’d say this denim is somewhere in the 16-18oz neighborhood. Curious how they will age. They have a nubby cotton, kind of flecked appearance. They came from San Fran so I sprayed them with Lysol. #covid-19
42EE699F-EBCD-4735-BCF7-A2F393655F85.jpeg

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
MOMOTARO JEANS
G019-MZ 14.7OZ 'COPPER LABEL' SELVEDGE CLASSIC STRAIGHT ZIPPER FLY MODEL
* 14.7 oz. Sanforized Momotaro Original Selvedge denim
* 100% Zimbabwe cotton
* One Wash fabric - Rinsed in ocean water on the shore of Kurashiki city, Okayama
* High Rise with a Wide Straight fit
* Momotaro Original Gold Zipper fly
* Pink Momotaro Selvedge ID
* Pink Inseam cotton thread
* Momotaro Original pure indigo dyed cotton fabric liner featuring logo
* Copper Male Rivets
* Copper Female Rivets with Momotaro Peach branding
* Heavy cotton flannel pocket bags dyed in pure indigo
* 1/8" Cowhide leather patch featuring Japan Blue logo embossing
* Pearch logo stitching on back right pocket

I like these high rise, straight cut selvedge jeans, with a zipper, and a little pink stitching.

IMG_5267.jpeg

IMG_5276.jpeg

G019MZ_3.jpg

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg

CopperLabel-WaistbandPatch_400x.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points