Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movie Haven't You Seen?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
There are tons. Some are on principle, cause I have so many people trying to get me to watch them :rolleyes:

Not one Indiana Jones movie

any Godfather

Wizard of OZ

The Mummy/Mummy Returns

Casablanca

The Warriors :rolleyes:

LD

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Most of the movies I haven't seen, but want to, are "lost":

Hollywood (1923)
It's Great To Be Alive (1931)
Convention City (1933)

A few "unlost" movies that I want to see:
The Warrior's Husband (1931)
The Story Of Temple Drake (1932)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I hope I live long enough to see "Gold Diggers of Broadway" (1929) found in its entirety. I'd also like to see "Follow Thru" (1930) on the big screen -- all I've seen is a blurry video dupe. And the obscure 1933 Ginger Rogers comedy "Professional Sweetheart" never seems to show up on TCM when I'm available to watch it.

You folks who haven't seen GWTW yet -- see it on a big screen. It really is a film that demands communal viewing in a theatrical environment for full effect.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
If I look on the top 100 greatest movies of all time (which generally are about the same ones depending where you look), I have not seen a LOT of them.

The Passion of the Christ
Patton
Citizen Kane
Lawrence of Arabia (saw parts of it, never in its entirety)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
The Graduate

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
BegintheBeguine said:
Well, it's true there are a lot of movies I am proud of not having seen because I don't want to see them. ;)
I also want to see The Best Years of Our Lives. My grandmother loved that movie.

Oh, definitely see this one! Terrific movie, in my humble opinion. :)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
One Mile from Heaven-It's not on DVD/Video or in Turner's Library. I don't think I'll ever get to see it.
Four Mothers- I've seen al the others in this series. It's in TCM's Library but they never play it.
Sorority House
Sentimental Journey
Night Nurse
Midnight Mary
Greed
Tillie's Punctured Romance
City Lights

The list goes on, and on.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I haven't seen Silence of the Lambs or The Great Dictator

What makes it funny is I have a copy of The Godfather but I won't watch it.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
There's so many that I couldn't list 'em all!

The BF and I are not great movie fans. He gets fidgety and I get a sore backside from sitting down that long. I'm always thinking of all the other things I could be doing instead. We have never been to the movies in the whole three years we've been together.

Can I just add 'Movies I wish I hadn't bothered Seeing'? That would be the whole Lord of the Rings trilogy, not because I thought it wasn't well done, but that must be about nine hours of my life I'm never getting back (and I got a REALLY sore backside watching those)

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Too many.
I'd like to see all of the silents, all of the early talkie musicals. That's a lot of movies to see. "The Hollywood Revue of 1929" to begin with...

Miss Brill

One Too Many
I caught part of Die, Die My Darling on TV awhile back, and would love it if they'd show it again so I can see the start of it. It is really campy, starring Tallulah Bankhead and Stephanie Powers, and it is a lot like the movie Hush with Gwyneth Paltrow & Jessica Lange.

Gigi

New in Town
I haven't seen:

any of The Godfather movies
any of the Star Wars movies
any of the James Bond movies
none of the fart joke comedies of recent years, such as those featuring Will Ferrell
...and many many many more!

I do not plan on seeing any of these movies, by the way!

They just don't entertain me. Modern movies are hard-pressed to entertain me, really. I don't remember the last time I went to the theater! I'm watching the back catalogue of older movies I've yet to see instead.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Good question. I took a look at the AFI list of 100 "greatest" to jog my memory. http://connect.afi.com/site/DocServer/100Movies.pdf?docID=301

Raging Bull and Taxi Driver (odd because I love Martin Scorsese)
The Searchers
Bridge on the River Kwai
Bonnie and Clyde
Unforgiven

I've walked out of the theater during only 2 movies in my entire life; Streetcar Named Desire (just too intense) and A Clockwork Orange (that rape scene was way too much for me). I'd see the former on video but not the latter.

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
Hello!! I've got a huge interest in silent movies!! I'd really love to see "Lulu" with Louise Brooks.. I think that it's a 1929 movie. I'd love to watch "Aviator"!! Well anyway there are heaps of films that I want to watch lol!!!

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
pennycarrol said:
Hello!! I've got a huge interest in silent movies!! I'd really love to see "Lulu" with Louise Brooks.. I think that it's a 1929 movie. I'd love to watch "Aviator"!! Well anyway there are heaps of films that I want to watch lol!!!

I think maybe you mean "Pandora's Box" where Louise Brooks plays Lulu. There is a great Criterion Collection edition of this that came out in '07, if you still haven't seen it you ought to. Its really, really good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda