Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Dragnet 1951.
Netflix has season one up but Fridays haircut and build kept changeing from episode to episode, so I did a little internet search and found out that the orig series ran from 51 to 59. Season one on netflix is a mix of these eight seasons.
It's instructive to see how Friday went from being a cool-headed old-school cop, just A Guy doing A Job, to a model cold war authority figure, a guy who WAS his job. Old Joe probably enjoyed a coney dog and might have helped out with the Police Athletic League. New Joe lived on Maalox and black coffee and spent his off time surveilling the neighbors.

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
You Bet Your Life, it's on Netflix.
At first I thought the show was random people, and then I started looking them up.
Of the 2 in each "couple" playing, at least one (most of the time) is somebody with notoriety.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, at least the NEXT T.V. show I watch, that's for sure. If you liked the film 'Gangster Squad' and the T.V. show 'The Walking Dead', then you will love Frank Darabont's next venture. Soon to be on TNT, is his (L.A. Noir) 'Lost Angels' series based on the story line of 'Gangster Squad' - the L.A. Police and Mickey Cohen's organized crime gang. I am really looking forward to this one! Two of the major stars of 'The Walking Dead' will headline in this one too; Jeffrey DeMunn and Jon Bernthal! Here's some advance info: http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/1/27/frank-darabonts-la-noir-gets-new-title-and-simon-pegg.html and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Angels_(TV_series)

LostAngels_zpsff4786cf.jpg

-dixon cannon

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
[size=+1]Mr. Poirot[/size]..
season 1, episode 5: The Third Floor Flat
Description of the episode:
Hercule Poirot is bored to tears and with three weeks since his last case, is worried that his little gray cells will stop working. Captain Hastings suggest a evening at the theater to see the latest murder mystery but even that doesn't help when Poirot finds the plot to be absurd. On their return home to Whitehaven Mansions, they learn that the new occupant of the flat two floors below Poirot's has been found shot. She had only moved in that very same day and was an unknown. Poirot puts his little gray cells to good use and assists Inspector Japp of Scotland Yard in identifying the murderer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy