Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

"The Paradise" season 2, episode 2. The show, as they most do, is becoming more soap opera like and less believable. Also, the loss of the Lord Glendenning's character was a real hit - he brought a gravitas and complexity that his putative replacement (Katherine's husband) doesn't have.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Season 2 Finale of "Breaking Bad". Good television but I still think "The Wire" was/is superior but I leave my mind open to be changed...
The Wire is far superior, and I'm certainly not The Wire's greatest fan. Breaking Bad has these things going for it: 1) great acting. That's it. The Wire had good story, good character, interesting dialog, and just about everything else going for it but high quality acting. The acting wasn't its forte. I watched Breaking Bad as it was happening from the first moment. I came to The Wire years later and was impressed. There's nothing about Breaking Bad that will resonate in ten years but the acting, but The Wire will go down in TV history as one of the greats. It has longevity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy