Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was your first car?

Justin B

One Too Many
Anyone remember the Gremlin X? 304 V8 from the factory. There's one up for sale on eBay right now and I seriously had to talk myself out of it.

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
I bought my first car when I graduated from college. It was a used Datsun B210. 1976 I think. It had a jury rigged cassette player in it, and temperamental air conditioning. Which was fine in Kentucky, but murder in Florida. I was so pleased, mainly cause it was so cheap I paid it off in a year. I loved driving around Ft. Gordon in that thing. Young LT and her even more broke carless friends, Good times :)

Justin B

One Too Many
Run away from the geekmobile run fast. :rofl: That spoiler on the hatchback just isn't working. :rofl:

Hey, I love those old oddball cars. Besides, no spoiler on the hatch, and no badging except for a big red X in the middle of the grill. Talk about a sleeper, who expects something that looks like a Civic to have a V8? Oh, and it has factory A/C.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Hey, I love those old oddball cars. Besides, no spoiler on the hatch, and no badging except for a big red X in the middle of the grill. Talk about a sleeper, who expects something that looks like a Civic to have a V8? Oh, and it has factory A/C.

Didn't the Gremlin and a Pacer feature in "Cars 2", a much (and unjustifiably so) maligned cartoon in which the bad guys are all portrayed as crappy cars?

Cough cough----

Spoiler on the hatch and lots of badging on both sides. I think I would expect something with this----if I could stop laughing. :p I kid. I kid.:p
1976-gremlin-x_4611490.jpg

Justin B

One Too Many
That's not a spoiler. It's a wind diverter...to channel air down the back of the car and help keep it clean. Same thing some flat backed SUV's have.

But we have digressed. Resume regular programing.

Justin B

One Too Many
Already thought about that. I'm going to install video cameras like what you'd have for a back-up camera. That or install those cool porthole bubble windows like they used on custom vans back in the 70's.

Haversack

One Too Many
My first car was a dark green used 1969 BMW 1602. This was in 1981 outside of Nuremberg. I bought it from a 1LT who was PCSing back to the States. I sold it a year later after it had a disagreement with some ice on the road at Grafenwohr. I replaced it with a bright yellow 1972 BMW 1802. Both were great little cars. Light weight and a decent engine meant they were great on the tank trails. Happy days!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana