Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

...I reassured him that the batter was the same mixture as pancakes and that he would love it...
I'd guess it's the same all over the world, but here in the U.S. not all batters are created equal. One local restaurant where my wife and I regularly dine serves the absolute worst fish and chips I've ever eaten--the batter not only has an unappealing flavor, but appears to absorb much of the grease it was fried in. Conversely, there's a restaurant in Santa Monica, California, called Ye Olde King's Head that serves the best fish and chips I've ever eaten--both the batter and the fish (cod) are light, flaky, and not at all greasy. It's probably a good thing we don't live closer, or I'd be a considerably larger mammal. ;)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
The best fish and chips I've ever had came from a food truck that used to park in the lot at the end of my street -- the fish (haddock) was from the local fresh-caught fish market, perfectly fried, and the chips were not soggy, not limp, and not greasy. A paper basket filled to overflowing for $8. Living less than a hundred feet from this place was torture, because I could smell the frying all the time, and I do not have an iron will when it comes to fish and chips.

The people that ran the truck sold it last year to a new operator who moved it down to the public landing and completely screwed up the frying -- the one time I ate there, the fish wasn't done in the middle, and the chips were like sponges full of grease. Biggest disappointment of my recent life.

Meanwhile, this morning's breakfast so far has consisted of a cup of tea and a dry matzo. This being insufficient, I'm going downtown to eat out.

Hashbrowns with sausage gravy and a side order of cheese grits, 2 cups of black coffee.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Chilaquiles in homemade red chili sauce with fried eggs on top. Black coffee and peach juice to drink.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24