Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where am I going to wear a black suit?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
One great black suit.

Everywhere!

When I got the suit I was thinking "what am I going to do with this? Where am I going to wear this?" I had no black suits... no need and just didn't like the idea. I'm not a black clothing wearer. It sucks my life away. i prefer colors stripes and textures. Something with a mood that makes you look collegiate or senatorial (30's senatorial) or... well like a broker with staffers waiting for you to start the meeting (the truth).

Everybody else was wearing black and I thought of it as empty of feeling. I'd be siding with the in crown and looking like background.

Well I decided if I got a black suit It would be the black suit. Something you'd see Gable wearing... or me. A jacket vest and trousers that were what I wanted and didn't look like the one next to me on the guy on the train. Ever since i got the thing made i don't recall a place where I can't where the suit.

It's the primary suit and the backup suit. I wear out on a Saturday night and I can wear it to the office. I can wear it to the opera or out to buy groceries (I recieve copliments galore when I buy groceries).

You should have at least one black suit. I know some say it's the last thing you should buy... and for me it was, at least until I get my next suit. Though it truly does go with everything (except summer).

IMG_1079-vi.jpg

IMG_0645-vi.jpg

IMG_9854-vi.jpg

Starius

Practically Family
Fantastic black suit. Its a classic look that hopefully will never go out of style.

Man, I so wanna wear a suit to go grocery shopping now...

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Great looking suit, Matt.....Lapels are outstanding!!! :eusa_clap

Timeless is the best word to describe it.........

slicedbread

A-List Customer
you wear that suit well Mr Deckard, however black is still the last color I'd choose given virtually any other option...

I understand that it could almost work almost anywhere, but I still need to ask...If you could wear a different color, then why black?

Yes, that suit looks nice, but wouldn't look better in charcoal or navy?

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
snazzy

Fantastic suit.
Maybe its a NY or northeastern thing, but here black suits seem very flexible.
Tho I am very fond of chocolate brown & have a growing interest in grey, if pressed to grab just one suit & live in it, it would be black. Right now I have 4 or 5 black suits in my closet & I use them all.
Keep your ties light colored & festive & no one will think youre on the way to a funeral.

-b

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Doesn't it all seem so silly now?? See, if you can distinguish yourself wearing black- in a memorable yet positive or remarkable way, then really, you've earned your black wardrobe.

But don't ask me; my closet has been 80% black since I was rather little. Don't fear it Deckard... and I see that you don't.

Welcome to the dark side.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Both the lady and the gentlemen were models doing a fashion shoot for CLASSIC STYLE magazine's summer issue. Matt Deckard assisted in the shoot.

Just received my issue. I'll check it out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy