Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I find this style of hat??

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Yes. Definitely. So many details to remember, sometimes we forget a few. Steve McQueen drove a Mustang in Bullit! :D

You're right ... the other car was the Charger! Well Terry, as long as I know, in which direction I'm headed, I'm satisfied. I know that, thanks to the bow in my fedora sweatband lol

mattmar10

New in Town
Where to get a fedora like this

Hey everyone, I'm a total Newb here and looking to get my first fedora. I've been looking for some time for a style I like and I happened to flip past the voice last night and see one I like. Here is a picture: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/01/1412138724113_Large_Preview_galleryImage_the_voice_pharrell_willia.JPG

Can anyone give me some advice about a fedora like this. I would be looking for a modern version if possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mattmar10

New in Town
Hmm, let me try this again...

1412137441811_Image_galleryImage_LOS_ANGELES_CA_Tuesday_Se.JPG

I was referring to the one in the photo from The Voice this week. My wife forces me to watch that show, and with HDTV it was clear to me that his hat of the week sports a brim binding.

I didn't comment on his Grammy "crown" because IMHO that's a cartoon hat. But I'm glad he wore it. Raised a ton of money for charity!

Dated Guy

Familiar Face
The Scarecrow Hat.

For some weirdly apparent reason, a very good friend of mine has grown an all encompassing obsession with Scandinavian marine engines, usually old ones, but a nonetheless a bit unique to these parts. He watches various clips on the 'web' and indulges himself as much as he can . Now, along with these film clips, he has noticed that some 'Scandinavian' folk frequently sport these floppy, but substantially made hats, much like a designer hat that has had a thorough soaking and has fallen out of shape. It took quite some time to understand what he was talking about until I suggested hats much like the Scarecrow wore in The Wizard of Oz.
This has now become the basis on which I am now using, to try, and purchase a like hat as a present for my friend. They seem to be maybe a traditional, folk, country style, as I say, in Nordic areas, but I am experiencing a mighty wall of nothingness in my search.....
Can anyone help please...?? [huh]

nat2r

New in Town
I stumbled on quality, and fear I'll never attain it

Hi all,

I recently stumbled on Worth & Worth's 'Slater' (below) and essentially fell in love. But at that price, and me being an acolyte, I decided to hunt for a similar hat.

http://www.hatshop.com/shop/view/slater-gray#.Vh1PlflVhBc

After doing some hunting, the next hat I stumbled on, the Brixton Tiller, is a bargain at only $50ish. You can find that hat here:
http://imgur.com/a/6Lt7S

But I refuse to give up. I figure if anybody is going to point me in the right direction, that somebody would be here. I've learned that this style of hat is called a slouch hat. Any recommendations?

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Akubra Slouch hat.... Best price-quality combo IMHO.

I own 2, one as Slouch and one with a more Safari bash...

19b919dbd2b582882760bfd2fb8ecb15.jpg

bd9dd99fede8357391bb3768e24d159b.jpg

7cf8db187a4f46b6d98855e3e9449711.jpg

b4c2035d72ed0109ddd087e50c0bae98.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Check out hats in the Akubra line. The pricing with the strong US $ gives you a great combo of a quality hat at a very very reasonable price.
Check out the Aussie suppliers like Everything Australian or Hats Direct. They both offer many open crown versions. I have 4 Akubra hats, the oldest is now 20 years old. A very good hat.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
and me being an acolyte,

I don't see what that has to do with anything, sure you know what an acolyte is ? :rolleyes:

I've learned that this style of hat is called a slouch hat.

The hats you linked are just widish brimmed lids with open crowns ready for creasin'......they aren't slouch hats.

Any recommendations?

Maybe if you could be a little more precise about what it is you're looking for, we may be able to point you in the right direction. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot