Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where did your user name come from??

BowTieSoFly

New in Town
Well, similar to many I don't usually give out my real name, and bow ties are possibly my favorite piece of clothing... I'm a bit of a collector/maker (I sewed the one I'm wearing in my picture on my mom's machine)

Pompidou

One Too Many
For a few years starting back in 04, I was playing this online game Final Fantasy XI - not too different from the notorious World of Warcraft - as a little munchkin wizard kind of guy, and I named him Pompidou with the intention of practicing French with the European players that were still active when all the Americans were asleep. It just so happens that Pompidou was president of France during the years this board honors, so it was a natural transition.

Mugwump

One of the Regulars
@bowtiesofly - Love the avvy! Great tie! :eusa_clap

:eusa_doh: Sorry folks, I was remiss - I got the Mugsy in Mugsy_358 from my very first stuffed animal ever (that I sometimes still sleep with), a stuffed cat that I got shortly after I was born - and I'm NEVER giving up!! lol

Oktobr

New in Town
Mine is actually a take on how October would be spelled using the cyrillic alphabet. I'm part Ukrainian, and my birthday is in October, so there you have it. But I also think "Oktobr" looks rad. lol

Steveb1

Familiar Face
Well Hmmm... My name is Steve, my last initial is B... and everytime I try to register an account on any system there is always a SteveB already so I have to tack a one (1) on the end.

TeeHee... Just havin' some fun :)

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
The "Emergency" part is taken from the U.S. 1970's television series "Emergency!" I became a paramedic because of that series. And, my name is: Ian.

- Ian

Steveb1

Familiar Face
EmergencyIan said:
The "Emergency" part is taken from the U.S. 1970's television series "Emergency!" I became a paramedic because of that series. And, my name is: Ian.

- Ian

I loved that TV Show when I was a kid!

lord_k

One of the Regulars
Just a Dog

I borrowed it from my girlfriend's dog, a field spaniel, who watched me as I opened my first blog account. His name was Lord - and, to feel a little different from this wonderful animal, I added the first letter of my family name. "Lord K.", sounds familiar... But of course, a uniformed gentleman from the most famous poster in history! Since then, different portraits of Horatio Kitchener, Earl of Khartoum, decorate all my userpics.

KenDale

New in Town
It is a combination of part of the name of the street that I live and part of the name of the city that I live in. My creative juices were not flowing at the time.

Gromulus

Practically Family
Gromulus

I am of Italian/Sicilian descent. "Romulus" (along with "Remus) was one of the mythical founders of Rome.

I am short and muscular and been told I resemble a rottweiler when mad. The "grr" sound was melded iwith "Romulus" to arrive at "Gromulus" by an old girlfriend.

Stupid, I know - but it stuck for over 30 years now.

p71towny

Familiar Face
Mine is from the first forum I joined in 2001. When I was researching ways to mod my Town Car I found that the police Crown Victoria parts would bolt right on. The P71 is the VIN code for a police vic, and towny, well, short for town car. It now has WAAAY better parts than a police vic, but the name has remained on every forum.

p71towny

Familiar Face
Sure, but there are soo many aftermarket parts for the panther chassis. My 95 town car has cross drilled rotors, addco swaybars, poly bushings, custom computer chip, marauder airbox/maf. I also have an 1982 Crown Vic 2dr with 60k, but thats my rat-rod. Shoot me any questions, I'd be glad to help. And I should add, the chassis has remained virtually unchanged from 1979-2003 with the exception of a Watts rear suspension.

:eek:fftopic: Goal is an '86-'87 "Men In Black-mobile", but refitted to blend performance, ride, fuel economy (I have a concept for a computer-controlled, variable-valve-timing drivetrain waiting for parts to hit the market) and decent ready-rack gear storage.

Ever get down to Coney Island downtown? (I have relatives in Fort Wayne, and whenever I visit we have to stop in at least once.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran