Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where the Boys Are

funneman

Practically Family
I watched these three porkpies expire on ebay with no bids, and took a cue from one of the loungers here.

I contacted the seller and was able to purchase all three For $10USD including shipping. The idea was that at least one of them would be suitable for my 7 year old daughter.

I wanted to share them with you because they are quite interesting.

They appear to have been an effort by Sears to provide parents with a low cost alternative to felt, when dressing up young boys. They are made of wool, the sweatband appears to be some type of low-end processed leather and it looks like the plastic on the liner has disintergrated.

The gray hat was stuck inside the other two when they arrived and it looks like the dye
from the cheap sweatband on the brown one rubbed off on the ribbon of the gray one.

My daughter is now the proud owner of the smallest brown one, (6-3/4), I’m thinking of keep the other brown one for myself as the 6-7/8 one fits me just fine.
4-2.jpg

3-1.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Yes, Virginia, they really DO want to sell this stuff!

funneman, Not only do you have a great website, you are an astute shopper! Nicely done! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Such a deal, congratulations. My wife is a 6 3/4-6 7/8 hat size and it's a shame she doesn't really care to wear fedoras, because she could own some very nice ones for very little money. Still, I can't complain as she's developed an interest in vintage ladies' hats, and looks very class in them.

-Dave

funneman

Practically Family
Lance, that's a cute picture.
It's great to see parents and kids
enjoying simple things together. :eusa_clap

Bolt, you inspired me! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21