Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to find other retro singles?

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Spiffy said:
Which is why I'm a bit leery of replying to PMs of people who don't have a photo of themselves in their avatar. Not to be shallow, but I KNOW that you are not Bogie/Marilyn/Grant (not trying to call anyone out).....I put MY picture up, can't you do the same?
Pretty please?:D
Well my picture is of me, but I took it in such a way that I just look like a vintage hoodlum. Not really very useful is it? Same for facebook, though I do also have other pictures of myself up there. Then again, my picture tells people about my personality - unpleasant - so that's a good thing I suppose.

As for the FB group, I have yet to join it. The reason I haven't done so yet is because I have little to discuss on there which can't be discussed on here; politics could be the exception to that as I have some very strong opinions but don't talk about here as I try to respect the rules.

Edward

Bartender
Mike K. said:
The Fedora Lounge Facebook site is definitely nothing to be compared to this, the real Fedora Lounge...and it was never meant to be anything comparable. However, it is a very good way to look up fellow FL members and begin some social networking. Most of my FL friends communicate with me by email or by Facebook messages, but we do not substitute the Facebook site for this one.

Bingo.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Spiffy said:
Which is why I'm a bit leery of replying to PMs of people who don't have a photo of themselves in their avatar. Not to be shallow, but I KNOW that you are not Bogie/Marilyn/Grant (not trying to call anyone out).....I put MY picture up, can't you do the same?
Pretty please?:D

I can imagine where you are coming from. While a vintage lover with good wardrobe, and a past in which I was pretty hardcore vintage and was prety interested in a vintage partner, these days, I am more interested in women in general. So it never occured to me what went on in the background until a chat with Scotrace alerted me. I can only imagine the number of PMs the women on this forum with attractive photos get. I suppose if you want to reply, you may wish to see at least a photo.

JennyLou

Practically Family
I just saw an ad on myspace for a site called punkmatch. It looks like it matches singles who are into the punk culture. It would be great if someone came out with a match site for the single's of the vintage crowd.

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
JennyLou said:
I just saw an ad on myspace for a site called punkmatch. It looks like it matches singles who are into the punk culture. It would be great if someone came out with a match site for the single's of the vintage crowd.

I think there is a rockabilly dating site out there somewhere.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Edward said:
Hey, didn't you hear that 'Max Shckreck' was only an assumed name for the real Count Orlock? lol Be careful round that one! lol

Dude, that is only my favorite Malcovitch movie OF ALL TIME!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Our local Art Deco Society has many singles in it who love vintage clothing, the art deco period and the golden era, enjoy listening to great live music from the 20s, 30s and 40s, dancing and being social with like-minded others in wonderful historic settings.

Sorry to disagree, but my definition of vintage (Its 1949 and back in time) isn't rockabilly, that was more of a niche look and sound in the 50s, wasn't it?

Leutnant said:
How about your local Art Deco Society?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Hey GG! I know there is the ADSLA, cuz they are hosting the Art Deco Queen Mary event on Labor Day weekend, and they just had their Art Deco Ball on Catalina Island May 16th. Is that too far away from you? I don't know what other events they do, but you can look up their website.

GranadaGuy617 said:
There is no art deco society down here...which sucks. Atleast I dont think there is...?

Spiffy said:
Dude, that is only my favorite Malcovitch movie OF ALL TIME!
Just out of curiosity, did In the Line of Fire make the Top Ten list?;) I've been known to use "channeling Booth" as a way to keep colleagues and others off-balance... lol
"Remember, he's crazy, not stupid."--Frank Horrigan (Clint Eastwood)

----------------
Now playing: John Barry - Bond Look Alike
via FoxyTunes

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
chanteuseCarey said:
Our local Art Deco Society has many singles in it who love vintage clothing, the art deco period and the golden era, enjoy listening to great live music from the 20s, 30s and 40s, dancing and being social with like-minded others in wonderful historic settings.

Sorry to disagree, but my definition of vintage (Its 1949 and back in time) isn't rockabilly, that was more of a niche look and sound in the 50s, wasn't it?

Yes, in the bay area, that is true. But in the bay area, for vintage singles, it is hardly necessary. Miss the bay area a lot.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
GranadaGuy617 said:
Thanks CC!!!

Dude, for all practical purposes, Southern California is one big art deco society. along with New York and S na Francisco, it is the greatest concentration of vintage minded individuals, dancers, venues, etc. You aint gonna get any sympathy here.

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
It seems I have Met Both of My boyfriends at Vintage Events. My frist was at the Cicada Club( which was my frist event I ever went too)... I didnt even have the chance, I got Snagged up.....I actually met my Current Boyfriend and Love of my life that Night As well. In Sept when My Frist Boyfriend and I broke Up, About 2 weeks Later, the other guy came to call, I moved to Cailfornia and the Frist week I was here; I had a Boyfriend...... and its Going strong for almosy 7 months Now....... So, yes looking for Love;find one at some sort of Vintage Event like the Gatsby Picnic or Dean Mora Nights At the Cicada Club.

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
GranadaGuy617 said:
There is no art deco society down here...which sucks. Atleast I dont think there is...? And Marc, is that picture staged? Thats gotta be the cutest baby photo I have ever seen!
GranadaGuy-Come down to Cicada Club, and or Fort Mac Weekend in July.....you might Find a Little Wac or waves; that Might Strike your fancy.

JennyLou

Practically Family
I'm sure many have already sqaid this but I'll say it again- reenactments. I'm pretty sure you can meet other retro singles at a reenactment or event that reenactors are at or maybe while volunteering at a museum.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:

Well yes, but finding someone more vintage minded and -accepting- on a rockabilly dating site is way more likely then say a normal site, which is why i think she was saying it exists....

The range of people here at the FL encompasses that era as well as the more narrow definitions that people place on it for themselves. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy