Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Countess

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Dixon Cannon said:
Very good movie! Very evocative. I'll attach some photo stills from the film soon.

-dixon cannon

That would be nice especially of Ralph Fienne's linen clothes... Natasha Richardson looks incredibly like her mother Vanessa Redgrave when young but better looking...IMHO

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A few pics from the archive!

WC1a.jpg
___
wc20a.jpg

white_countess_018_sml.jpg
wc02_sml.jpg

wc03_sml.jpg

-dixon cannon

cookie

I'll Lock Up
InterWar Shanghai

Shanghai is of course the only European created city in China PRC and the interwar period maintains its fascinatination and interest for everyone. I remember that film that Steven Spielberg made "Empire of the Sun" was it? It gave a great idea of the European compounds and their suburbs which you don't see in the White Countess as it concentrated more around the Bund area.

Ironically Aussie friends of ours who lived there recently live in similar compound areas.

hepkitten

One of the Regulars
I loved this movie. I'm a fan of both Ralph Fiennes and Natasha Richardson, plus I love period movies done well--and this was. If I remember, it didn't get a lot of love from the critics, but I thought it was wonderful.

Thanks for posting the stills, Dixon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff