Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who Did You Just See Live?

pawineguy

One Too Many
The Smithereens. All original save for the bassist (who retired a ways back) - great 2 hour + set of greatest hits, some Beatles and The Who songs mixed in... a bit of a forgotten band that now plays smaller, intimate venues and absolutely kills it live. See them when they're in your neck of the woods if you like great live rock and that "power pop" style.

IMG_5303 2.JPG

The Smithereens. All original save for the bassist (who retired a ways back) - great 2 hour + set of greatest hits, some Beatles and The Who songs mixed in... a bit of a forgotten band that now plays smaller, intimate venues and absolutely kills it live. See them when they're in your neck of the woods if you like great live rock and that "power pop" style.

View attachment 28242

They were a lot of fun way back when. Glad to hear that they are still around.
:D

Man, those guys could put on a show back in the day. They came here a few months back, but we were out of town.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Rush.

Had not had an opprotunity to see them in concert since the '90's. My wife and I went to their show in Phoenix and it was our celebration of our 30th anniversary.

Fantastic show is an understatement!! They were on their 40th Anniversary Tour and the word is this will most likely be the last.
Rush has a tremendously significant place in my life as they were my biggest influence as a musician and bassplayer. It was because of them that I decided, at the age of 14, to take my playing seriously and persue music professionally.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Never had a chance to see Deep Purple.

I did see Nazareth way back on their "Fool Circle" tour, Frank Marino & Mohogany Rush opened. I was right up against the stage, my ears rang for days after that concert! :D

Never had a chance to see Deep Purple.

I did see Nazareth way back on their "Fool Circle" tour, Frank Marino & Mohogany Rush opened. I was right up against the stage, my ears rang for days after that concert! :D

First time I saw Nazareth was opening for Lynyrd Skynyrd, shortly before the plane crash. McCafferty retired a couple of years ago due to his health. The only original member is the lead guitarist. The new guy sounds right, though, but since McCafferty wasn't there, no rock n roll bagpipes. Saw Mahogany Rush twice, once in a small theater here in Dayton. Great guitarist.

RIP Tommy Bolin. :rockon:

This was my (counts on fingers) fifth Purple show. My first was a Mk III show, with Bolin, Coverdale, and Hughes. I thought Bolin was horrible that night, though I'm a big fan now. I think it was the different styles between him and Ritchie and the direction the band was going at the time. I wanted Made in Japan, and I got Come Taste the Band. Saw Mk II twice on the Perfect Strangers tour, and it was everything I dreamed of. Including one night Lord and Blackmore were messing with each other and trying to show each other up. Made for a great show. This is my second show since Morse joined the band, and first since Don Airey took over on keyboards for the late Jon Lord. Got to see Rainbow twice; once with Dio and once with Joe Lynn Turner - the second show had Airey on keys.

These guys are my Beatles. My avatar may reflect my favorite musician and composer, but DP is my favorite band, bar none, ever. I figure last night was probably my last shot at seeing them. It was very good. Gillan's voice is a shadow of it's former self, but they absolutely rocked, and looked like they were having fun doing it.

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You have to be up with the present to know this guy: Si Cranstoun.
We also saw just recently Cara Emerald.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana