Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who Did You Just See Live?

So far this year...

Los Straightjackets - @ Bethlehem Musicfest & New Hope, PA
Hotclub of Cowtown - @ The Grand, Wilmington, DE
Rev Horton Heat - @ The Queen, Wilminton, DE
Hotclub of Philadelphia
Southern Culture on the Skids - @ The Queen, Wilmington
The Eels - @ World Cafe Live, Philly
The Handsome Family - @ World Cafe Live, Philly

All great shows!

It's been quite a while since SCOTS has made it out this way, but fortunately The Rev is consistently nearby. Los Straitjackets used be around here a couple of times a year like The Rev, but health problems have slowed them down. But they all consistently put on great shows.
:D

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I caught two phenomenal concerts in the last month. On February 12th I had the privilege of catching the 90th Anniversary of George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue, at the Town Hall in Manhattan. It was presented by the great Vince Giordano and his Nighthawks, augmented by extra brass and strings. It was a faithful reconstruction of the historic 1924 Aeolian Hall (just a block down the street) concert by Paul Whiteman. It also included music by Zev Confrey, Irving Berlin and Victor Herbert. To say it was phenomenal would be a gross understatement.
And last night I caught Max Raabe and the Palast Orchester at Carnegie Hall. The audience was full of celebs. I saw Alan Cumming chatting with Liam Neeson at a bar across the street right before, and of course they were at the concert. Just amazingly great.

Tarwater

Familiar Face
I stopped by the Bullfrog Brewery on my way home from a long and trying day in the middle of a long and trying week. I noticed on my way in a band setting up. They have live music most nights. As I took my first sip of a barrel aged manhattan, they get on the mic and introduce themselves...it was The Dusty 45s. What a pleasant surprise. I hadn't even heard they were coming. They were amazing. They played a good mix of covers and originals. I don't think anyone else had heard of them before and the only people feeling the Sam Cooke cover were me and one old(er) guy.

stevew443

One of the Regulars
I just saw The Spinners this weekend. They were excellent, and I heard from the events manager that the band had such a good time they asked to be booked again in the near future.

Saw Willy here in Indiana two years ago. Still puts on a hella show. His daughter played a mean piano. Got to shake his hand & hold his geetar ( the guitar's name's Trigger..isn't it?). Was surprised that he was such a short little feller. 'Roll me up and smoke me when I'm gone'....:cool:
HD

Dixie_Amazon

Practically Family
Dixie Rose at Teddy's Juke Joint in Zachary, LA. She a lawyer by day, musician by nigth
[video=youtube_share;Myv6C3rgG80]http://youtu.be/Myv6C3rgG80[/video]

Bugguy

Practically Family
I just saw Judy Collins this past Friday night at a small fund-raiser in Cincinnati. She sang for an hour... spectacular! At 75 she still performs and sounds just like her album years. Several of the ENT MDs at the dinner went on at great length about how clear her voice is after all the years on stage.

Screen Shot 2014-11-10 at 7.47.41 PM.jpg

c5337254k31.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto