Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who Did You Just See Live?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I got home from work last night, and looked at Facebook immediately (duh, I'm not addicted, no, not me). There was a message from a friend, inviting me down the Feinstein's to see Jack Jones, for free. Wow, couldn't pass that up. Got quickly dressed up again, and hopped onto the subway. Got there very fast, given the distance. Anyhow, I got to see Jack Jones from a front row seat in a wonderfully small, elegant, intmate setting, and let me tell you, the man is a master. What a show he put on, and for a man of 74, he both looks and sounds sensational. And I had a mighty good salmon dinner as well.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I forgot to post this up back in may, but I got the chance to finally see John Pizzarelli in Northridge, Ca. For all of us that love the old standards of Sinatra and Nat King Cole and many others, you have to see Mr. Pizzarelli at least once. He can really play that guitar!!

Take a peak at this footage and make sure you see him play his solo!:

[video=youtube_share;C-e8LEt8I9Y]http://youtu.be/C-e8LEt8I9Y[/video]

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Finally saw the great Meschiya Lake at Midsummer Night Swing at Lincoln Center in New York. I've heard so much about her from so many people, How she's a legendary street performer in New Orleans, etc., etc. Well, she lived up to every expectation. Find her on Facebook and Youtube.

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Well, it's been about a month now (haven't been Lounging much), but, Charles Bradley... His is an AMAZING inspirational story... Of Course, brought my copy of his new vinyl LP for an autograph; The Most Genuinely Appreciative-Of-His-Fans musician I've EVER had the pleasure of meeting... He had us almost-in-Tears at times; and, I've never seen a 63-year-old man Crowd Surf before...

What an inspiration, this guy; "NEVER Give Up"... So glad I got to tell him that, & shake his hand.

- CH

[video=youtube;uegzZWp6Y4w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uegzZWp6Y4w[/video]

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
A few months ago, we saw John Pizzarelli with the Cleveland (Ohio) Symphony at the Art Deco "Severance Hall" in a tribute to Nat Cole. We have see John (whom I've interviewed a few times) several times and it was probably one of the best concerts I've seen. Perfect music, perfect setting.
Tomorrow (July 5th), we will being seeing Diana Krall in Amphitheater at the Chautauqua Institute. It has been awhile since I have seen her live but expect it will be a wonderful show.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I was offered a spur-of-the-moment pair of tickets for Chita Rivera's My Broadway tonight. What a show! I should say, what a treat having orchestra center seats for a legendary song and dance woman telling her heartfelt tales of decades in show business, and singing for us as well. I'm inspired and delighted.

Corky

Practically Family
Last night we saw Yo Yo Ma with Gustavo Dudamel and the Los Angeles Philharmonic at the Hollywood Bowl. The program included SCHUMANN's Cello Concerto and TCHAIKOVSKY's Symphony No. 4.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I just took in The Anderson Twins Play the Fabulous Dorseys, at 59 E59th St Theaters, here in New York, this afternoon. A very slender thread of a "plot" with the twins pretending to fight the way the Dorseys did. Pretty silly, but innocuous. But their sextet was just terrific. A good solid two hours of excellent Dorsey brothers music. Highly highly recommended.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/423327007714303/

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
The Steel Wheels
The Quebe Sisters Band
Claire Lynch Band
Marley's Ghost
Mountain Heart
3 Trails West
Dan Crary
The Greencards
John McCutcheon
Barry Ward

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Grandson thinks he's a guitar player so he learns to play La Grange by ZZ Top does a commendable job,so what does grandpa do?takes him to see the man himself Mr. Billy Gibbons,well at the end of the night they play
said song,grandson wouldn't even stand up,I asked him why?answer,you'll like this....he makes it look to easy. Had to explain that ZZ Top wasn't trying to learn to play his song.I got a good chuckle out of it.

The Fab Faux. They're out of NY and do the most incredible Beatles music since The Beatles. They come here once a year. If you ever get a chance to see them, do. They don't do "Beatlemania" with outfits and wigs, they're just insanely talented musicians.
They play at the Orphium, which in and of itself is a great way to spend a night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider