Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who Did You Just See Live?

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
Actually it was a few months ago but we enjoyed seeing Leon Redbone at the Bing Crosby Theater in Spokane. Leon is quite a character and knows his early 20th century pop tunes like no-one else besides the late Tiny Tim. The venue was great as well. I believe Bing might have played there in his early performances in Spokane.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Cynthia Sayer, virtuoso 4 string banjo player, at Club Wits End. Sat 3 feet away from her. Backed up by the great Michael Hashim and a great rhythm section.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Mose Allison

mose1.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Friday night: went with my two teens and the Mr. to hear the San Jose Jazz Youth Orchestra, swinging original charts of tunes of the big band era for the show "Stompin' at the Savoy" performing at the Swing Stage venue during the San Jose Jazz Festival. The vocalists were great, and we danced up a storm! My dd (now 17) and I helped teach the ECSwing lesson before the show! The Mr. and I danced WCSwing, NC Two Step, Foxtrot, Rhumba/Bolero, Waltz, ECSwing. The kids danced ECSwing and Foxtrot. Songs included; Green Eyes, Sing Sing Sing, How Deep is the Ocean, Moonlight Serenade, Minnie the Moocher, I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm, and Them There Eyes, among others.

Jish1969

Familiar Face
I saw the Cherry Poppin' Daddies this summer at the Buffalo Central Terminal's Deco Fest...a great experience seen at an icon of Buffalo history!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Well now, I play once in awhile myself in a band, but the last performance live outside of my own, would be the blues festival here in Marshall, Michigan.

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
The Gourds (again), last night, with my cousin and a friend who hadn't heard their live show before (but went nuts during the show dancing).

WOW, what a great live show. Indescribable mixture including some music I usually don't like (country) but mixed in with Louisiana Cajun Zydeco, Funk, and Indie Rock... Very "rootsy". Didn't like it the first time I heard it, but now I can't get enough. Got the vinyl version of their latest album at the show & got Kevin to sign - sounds Great through the 1950s radio station turntable & tube amp.

- CH

gourds01.jpg
gourds02.jpg

LundyGirl

New in Town
Hi all! I'm a newbie here and I went to a GREAT concert this past Saturday night....My husband took me to go see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. It was my first experience for a swing band and I'M HOOKED!! Went yesterday and got one of their albums and I just can't stop listening to it!! I can't wait to see them again! And my profile pic is me and Scotty Morris of BBVD!!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Richard Thompson at the Tarrytown Music Hall - solo acoustic. Utterly astonishing!

And of special interest of FL types, he played a mega-swinging version of "Hamlet (Dog Eat Dog in Denmark)", a forties song by Frank Loesser!

Last edited:

davidraphael

Practically Family
Not seen her yet, but very much looking forward to seeing Carla Bley in a couple of weeks:

[video=youtube;YkBU5aM_6zM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkBU5aM_6zM[/video]

Dan'l

Practically Family
I got to see and hear The Glenn Miller Orchestra last night. I thought it would be a good show but it turned out to be a great show. The music speaks for itself but the way the orchestra got the audience involved in singing, clapping and yelling was wonderful. I will certainly go see them again if they come around this way.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
My two teenagers and I just got back from a concert in San Jose by ITERPRETI VENEZIANI, a nine piece string orchestra from Vivaldi's church, San Vidal in Venice, IT. My dd's English teacher did the pre-concert talk, and if she attended the talk and the concert she's get extra credit. She is 2% away from an "A" in the class, so she really wanted to go. The music was amazing. Excellent.

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
Next month I'm going to San Antonio. While there I'll be seeing an orchestra accompany the Bugs Bunny cartoons, it's going to be awesome. Then, a few months later, my dad and I may go to a Pink Floyd concert.

Espee

Practically Family
I got to see and hear The Glenn Miller Orchestra last night. I thought it would be a good show but it turned out to be a great show. The music speaks for itself but the way the orchestra got the audience involved in singing, clapping and yelling was wonderful. I will certainly go see them again if they come around this way.

Yelling? Wow! Well, you did say "last night" so it couldn't have been a Sunday matinee...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails