Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who Did You Just See Live?

Snookie

Practically Family
carouselvic said:
Hot Club of Cowtown
Ollabelle

Ahh, I missed the Hot Club of Cowtown the last time they were in SoCal, wanted to go but it wasn't in the stars. Hopefully next time.

I saw some awesome guitar playing in Burbank on Monday night - John Reynolds and his Trio. If anyone in the area wants to see live music and dancing (with a full bar to boot) check out Joe's on most Monday nights. http://www.danceatjoes.com/balboa/

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
The Infamous Stringdusters
Tom Chapin and Friends
Beppe Gambetta
Stephen Bennett
John McCutcheon
David Munnelly Band
Wil Maring & Robert Bowlin
Mountian Heart
The Wilders
The Wiyos
Marley's Ghost
The Greencards
Notorious

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
The last music concert I saw was Loreena McKennitt in Victoria, BC, the last concert of her 2007 comeback tour (she hadn't done full tours since 1998 due to the death of her fiance and two others).

More recently, about 10 days ago, I saw comedian Russell Peters in Kitchener, Ontario. VERY funny!

Chas

One Too Many
Some weeks ago in SF I saw LaVay Smith & her Red Hot Skillet Lickers at "Blues & Biscuits". A wonderful band; top-drawer all the way.

Recommended.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Bitter Sweet, and Twisted"

"Caught John Michael Swinbanks, preview of his latest show at the Fabulous "Ellington" here in Town. John-Michael "Channels" Noel Coward! the show is peppered with jokes and anecdotes, he tells us that both Cole Porter and his auntie Minnie were both 4ft 6in (in high heels)

jms_image_bitter_sweet_and_twisted.jpg

He gave us the the banned version of "Your the top" ( Your the nipples of Venus, your king Kong's Penis!!)

191.jpg

The show ran for two hours, with a 15 min intermission

http://www.ellingtonjazz.com.au/index.php/schedule/month/10/show/345

Kent Allard

New in Town
Last week was Leonard Cohen at the Palace Theater here in Columbus.
LeonardCohenlive310.jpg

75 years old and the man does a 3 1/4 hour show. Amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112