Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wore out another Tilley

Big Dave

New in Town
They last me about 5 years. They are pretty tough and guaranteed against mildew! I could have returned this one years ago for mildew and the hole. I think it's time to take them up on their guarantee again.

IMG_0468.JPG

IMG_0463.JPG

I recently found a hat I like more. I'm sure it won't last 5 years but it's cooler than the Tilley and offers better sun protection. For $16 shipped it's a hell of a beater and looks nice for a sun hat.

http://www.amazon.com/Dorfman-Pacif...dorfman+pacific+brushed+twill+mesh+safari+hat

Last edited:

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Jeepers creepers...talk about hat abuse ! ...:rolleyes:

I know of someone who has worn his way through 4 Tilleys & they were all replaced free of charge & he's currently working his way through the 5th......They're expensive to buy new but they do last a lifetime...:D

Big Dave

New in Town
Hi all,
It is my paddling companion. It's one size small so it doesn't fly off my head. It's tight but can handle 30+ mph gusts. No chin strap and the foam float is removed for better ventilation. I hang it on a hook outside after the paddle and thus the hole from blowing in the wind on the hook.
Take care,
Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21