Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worst Hat Bashes

One Too Many
This kind of creeps me out. Guessing with the pink ribbon, that it's meant to be someone's baby?

8731341.jpg
Just passing time.... If you want smile, read this thread, is too fanny ¡¡¡¡¡

theinterchange

One Too Many
This kind of creeps me out. Guessing with the pink ribbon, that it's meant to be someone's baby?

8731341.jpg

More like Chucky asleep.

I believe this was a shot of Professor Quirrell's hat from the back. Lord Voldemort was hiding there and the hat has conformed to the shape of this face. Just sayin'

That "revelation" in the movie was one of the creepiest things I've ever seen.

Randy

Hercule

Practically Family
Some of the flopsy hats shown remind me of the hat Red Skelton used. He used a very soft felt hat that he would rebash according to the character he wanted to portray in his skits. It was simply amazing how a seemingly formless blob of a hat could transform with a quick and simple bash and the depth of characterization it lent to his performance.

kenmcneill

Familiar Face
Tell me Ken, was this the last thing you remember seeing before your hat wound up looking like that?

tangled-frying-pan.jpg

I do like the bash quite a bit, I'm just sayin'...

While I must confess to having been on the receiving end of a kitchen implement a time or two, the hat was at least partly a result of a toppled computer monitor. ;):D

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I don't know that the photo really belongs here in worst bashes. But don't forget the great Cantinflas.

61f251cf.jpg

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not to be a '1/2 empty cup' type of guy, but I find these incredibly bad bashes very interesting. Plus, I suspect some of you will love this. FDR and Truman were great hat-wearers, but their bashes looked wayyy too natural for me.

This one's from 1927 - Chicago Mayor Thompson with Gene Tunney. I'm certain this is intentional, because I've seen other pictures of Mayor Thompson, from other years, and they're all similar.

MayorThompson.jpg

Red Skelton had a good bum's hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner