Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your all time fav Leather Jacket (1-2) you own or have owned

58panheadfan

One Too Many
After having owned, bought, sold, swapped, etc. countless Leather Jackets, I asked myself which jacket excited me the most (in every way).

I suggest that we leave it with one or two Jackets ... the Jackets no longer have to be owned, but should have been owned beforehand. My two all time favs are:

Eastman Type B-6 Rough Wear® Contract 17756, with Crown Zipper
Eastman.JPG

Freewheelers Brakeman Coat Lot. 1631015, Rude Black
FW Brakeman.JPG

Edit: Posts with Pictures are preferred... ;)

Last edited:

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
After having owned, bought, sold, swapped, etc. countless Leather Jackets, I asked myself which jacket excited me the most (in every way).

I suggest that we leave it with one or two Jackets ... the Jackets no longer have to be owned, but should have been owned beforehand. My two all time favs are:

Eastman Type B-6 Rough Wear® Contract 17756, with Crown Zipper
View attachment 335594

Freewheelers Brakeman Coat Lot. 1631015, Rude Black
View attachment 335595

Edit: Posts with Pictures are preferred... ;)
Isnt the eastman for sale?

I dunno ton. That sounds like a case of “love the one your with.”
No, been through about a dozen E’s (and countless other crosszips) and probably 5 or 6 of the Windward style/winter halfbelts. I have come to realize that trying to improve those, in that style is a step backwards, those fits and quality won’t be improved upon, ever or by any maker.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
This question is so hard......:mad::eek::oops:

I've gotten my "main" rotation down to about 10 jackets so I can start breaking them in and getting them to look their best. Having sold a few recently, a few more I know are ear marked for my kids down the road and won't get much wears anymore, and another handful are just "fun" jackets. Wear them here and there, so can't say they're my all time favorite.

Out of those 10, any one of them could be my All Time Fav jacket depending on what time of day you ask me. So I'll do this and pick a couple that are different and stand out for one reason or another.

First is this beauty. Haven't unleashed it yet on the forums, but if you follow my IG you probably spotted it. Was going to do it as my 1000th post, but I have something else fun lined up for that now. So here goes... Vanson/LeftField CXL Commando. Had I bought this jacket first instead of last, it probably would have saved me a lot of time and money chasing a lot of other jackets. The thing is so nice, fits perfect, teacore, well made, well designed, yada yada yada. I actually tracked down a second one as back up just in case. So now own 10% of these jackets LOL. Yes, I am crazy.

HZkYmk5.jpg

If my Cal straight zip with mutton collar was an inch longer, it would no doubt be #2. Or if my Cal cross zip was an inch wider in chest and body it would no doubt be #2. My vintage C2 and 618, love them to death, but too short to be all time favorite. Aero B3, amazing, but only can wear in 20-30 minute bursts before I spontaneously combust in Los Angeles weather. My FL Route 66, my two Thedis, my Schott 118, no problem having them as my #2 as is. But again, just to pick something that stands out for other reasons.

#2 would be my midnight blue CXL FQHH Cafe Racer. Fits perfect. Love the color. and leather evolution. Super comfortable.

LXVMyre.jpg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
honestly I like mine pretty equal and also even when they look differently but they have more or less similar silhouette when worn (all being collarless, sloped shoulder, waisted, curved hem with rather big splay) the new one getting more wear just because it is newer.
Leather wise of course I like my natural vegtan more since it changes the most and the grey one too since it also changes with time and grey being my fav color.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
This question is so hard......:mad::eek::oops:

I've gotten my "main" rotation down to about 10 jackets so I can start breaking them in and getting them to look their best. Having sold a few recently, a few more I know are ear marked for my kids down the road and won't get much wears anymore, and another handful are just "fun" jackets. Wear them here and there, so can't say they're my all time favorite.

Out of those 10, any one of them could be my All Time Fav jacket depending on what time of day you ask me. So I'll do this and pick a couple that are different and stand out for one reason or another.

First is this beauty. Haven't unleashed it yet on the forums, but if you follow my IG you probably spotted it. Was going to do it as my 1000th post, but I have something else fun lined up for that now. So here goes... Vanson/LeftField CXL Commando. Had I bought this jacket first instead of last, it probably would have saved me a lot of time and money chasing a lot of other jackets. The thing is so nice, fits perfect, teacore, well made, well designed, yada yada yada. I actually tracked down a second one as back up just in case. So now own 10% of these jackets LOL. Yes, I am crazy.

HZkYmk5.jpg

If my Cal straight zip with mutton collar was an inch longer, it would no doubt be #2. Or if my Cal cross zip was an inch wider in chest and body it would no doubt be #2. My vintage C2 and 618, love them to death, but too short to be all time favorite. Aero B3, amazing, but only can wear in 20-30 minute bursts before I spontaneously combust in Los Angeles weather. My FL Route 66, my two Thedis, my Schott 118, no problem having them as my #2 as is. But again, just to pick something that stands out for other reasons.

#2 would be my midnight blue CXL FQHH Cafe Racer. Fits perfect. Love the color. and leather evolution. Super comfortable.

LXVMyre.jpg

Let's see the Cal straight zip! Love those jacket.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Nice thread idea:

#1 all time is definitely my Freewheelers Sunset jacket. It fit me perfectly when I was bigger, but now is too big which is why I'm selling it. The more I look at the pics though, I wonder if it really is all that big on me...

Then:
10TE7oS.jpg

MAKhxi3.jpg

Now:
6n9Bye6.jpg

79gxDHC.jpg

#2 Freewheelers Caboose. This one is the one I've had the longest now and I still love it. In fact, this one fits me better than ever. My newer jackets are shorter and I think eventually they could pass this one, but I've had it longer.

iwEULPR.jpg

EnluELG.jpg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
The more I look at the pics though, I wonder if it really is all that big on me...

For around these parts, yeah it's big. For normal people out there in the world, it's totally fine. :) Great jacket either way.

Let's see the Cal straight zip! Love those jacket.

Cal straight zip. Covid beard no extra charge...

oXPGQVq.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko