Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Paintings

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Reginald Marsh

whynotusetheelmarsh.jpg

marsh_twentieth_century.jpg

IMG0003.jpg

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
I am a huge admirer of Degas. To me, he will always be miles above everyone else.

degasrehearsal.jpg

Just look at the cropping on this one!

Edgar_Germain_Hilaire_Degas_032.jpg

And the pure beauty of this intimate moment.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Love those Martin Lewis works! Degas, of course, is wonderful.

Are there any Van Gogh experts here? Many years ago I bought a Van Gogh postcard book and one of the ones included was a gorgeous rendering of a field in ice blue or aqua and pink; there were no people in the painting. It had a Winter look to it. I lost that particular card but if anyone knows which one that might be, I would be grateful. I realize it's not much to go on, but my internet searches have failed to turn up that painting.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
They're wonderful, aren't they? Will keep an eye peeled for your Van Gogh.

UPDATE: If you've time and patience, this site has links to all of Van Gogh's 864 paintings, plus thumbnails for quick browsing:

http://www.vggallery.com/painting/thumbnail/main.htm

Thanks, I was just going through that site. I found a couple that have the same color scheme but I remember those being in the book. How odd that the one I'm looking for isn't there...maybe I dreamed the whole thing.

kyboots

Practically Family
Love those Martin Lewis works! Degas, of course, is wonderful.

Are there any Van Gogh experts here? Many years ago I bought a Van Gogh postcard book and one of the ones included was a gorgeous rendering of a field in ice blue or aqua and pink; there were no people in the painting. It had a Winter look to it. I lost that particular card but if anyone knows which one that might be, I would be grateful. I realize it's not much to go on, but my internet searches have failed to turn up that painting.

I can't pull up the paintings but did it have trees like in "The Sandy Place" or even like one called "The Nederlands"? Anything along those lines ring a bell? John

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
I can't pull up the paintings but did it have trees like in "The Sandy Place" or even like one called "The Nederlands"? Anything along those lines ring a bell? John

The color scheme is similar to his Peach Tree in Blossom from Van Gogh's Arles period (1888-89), but despite trawling the "Internets" and numerous art books, I've yet to turn up the one I'm looking for. I'll continue the search, you guys and gals just keep posting your favorite paintings.

However, I have ordered what I think was that old postcard book...I'll keep you post(carded)...

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Paul Klee- (Southern) Tunisian Gardens, 1919

PaulKlee-SouthernTunisianGardens1919.jpg

I love his epitaph:

"I cannot be understood at all on this earth. For I live as much with the dead as with the unborn. Somewhat closer to the heart of creation than usual. But not nearly close enough."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ