Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Sandwiches?

Shimmy Sally

I'm burned out on sandwiches, but these used to be my fav:
either loose meat or tenderloin from here
http://www.maid-rite.com/
or home-made mutton pie
mpie.l

When I was pregnant with our son I craved braunschweiger, velveeta, scrambled egg on a toaster muffin. My poor husband had to look the other way. I also went through a short phase of whole grain bread with honey-smoked turkey, colby, lettuce, fat free cream cheese and cranberry relish.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shimmy Sally said:
I also went through a short phase of whole grain bread with honey-smoked turkey, colby, lettuce, fat free cream cheese and cranberry relish.

Nobody mentioned (unless I missed it, which I probably did) the "day after Thanksgiving" sandwich which the above sounds similar to - turkey, stuffing, cranberries, mayo, some gravy on whole-wheat bread or the like.

And like most of the rest on this post...now I'm thinking about what kinda sandwich to make for lunch... ;)

bingolittle

New in Town
club on toast with fresh potato salad and a pickle spear...large sweet tea w/ lemon please!......at home::eusa_clap pb&apple jelly....mixed on wheat....

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Mojave Jack said:
No question about it, I'd like a kolbassi & cheese from Primanti's Bros. in Pittsburgh, a tradition since 1933. The sandwiches have a really neat history..
I think I remember reading about that place as a kid. Fries in the sammich were such an appealing idea that I put my fries inside the burger for several years whenever I went to McD's or BK. It just about made my dad vomit.

Now, years later, I find myself saying "n'at" all the time, and I think I know why.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Seriously.

New Orleans knows how to make a sandwich:

Soft shell crab Po-Boy(Liuzza's)
Hot sausage and gravy Po-Boy(Domilise's)
Ferdi Special(Mother's)
Muffuletta(Central Grocery)

My favorite hot dog stand is in Chicago, they cook their French fries in duck fat. :essen:

Hot Dougs

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Favorite sammich places, now, eh?

My all-time was Red Hot Lovers in Ann Arbor, MI, for Chicago dogs, wiffle fries and the juiciest chargrilled g/d burger east of the Mississippi. Kept me fat & happy all thru college. Went back 12 years later - good as ever, not a thing changed.

May I change my vote to the RHL burger? I never did know what went into a Groucho sammich anyway, besides salam and provo. I just used to call that a Groucho, because Groucho said in some interview they'd named a sammich for him, and that was what was in it.

Hey, what's that bread on the muffuletta, anyway? I had one in N.O. in '92. It's flat and white and round. Is it like a ciabatta?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner