Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2006 QM attire

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
This past week, I've visited a few vintage clothes stores and found some great outfits for the event, how about you other ladies and gents?

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
trying this again...

P1017475sm.jpg

P1017500sm.jpg

P1017484sm.jpg

P1017482sm.jpg

bear with me, my computer will only let me post one picture at a time :( [huh]

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
Ah, maple cabinets. Good choice. Oh, you were talking about dresses! Just wanted to nose in. Amapola will be pining for more wardrobe when and if she sees this thread.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
Leave it to Cabinetman to notice ... cabinetry. ;)
lol can't say I really blame him though...they are pretty nice. I'm really starting to realize how much there is to buy to pull off being really authentic vintage, the list is a bit long still...but on the other hand, I'm having so much fun at the same time :D

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
can i say "i'm in love" and nobody be offended ???

I'm in love !!! :eek: especailly the black dress, but those freshbaked items are catching my eye, too !!!!

when one of the ladies in the office gets a new outfits, that is my usual compliment..then they tell me to go away !!! Then they say thank you, Mark...

mark the shoeshine boy

Amapola

Familiar Face
Those pictures are great! I love the checkered dress with the gloves and hat! How exciting it must be to live in an area where you can shop for vintage clothes, and not be sweating out the end of an online auction that goes sky high!!! (ah, the ravages of ebay!)

I can't wait to be able to post pictures of Queen Mary attire. How many day outfits are you taking?

Amapola

Familiar Face
three evening dresses? Will you be changing in the middle of one night, or are you staying for 3 nights?

I sometimes joke with my husband that I will change clothes frequently throughout the evening, but I never do. I remember being disappointed in high school that we had to change out of our prom dresses and into casual clothes for "post-prom." Once I've made the effort to gussy up I like to stay that way.

In any case, I am planning to bring one formal gown and one less formal evening gown/swing dress. But I have no day wear! That will be my next obsession!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
and what a great obsession it is! The reason for the three evening dresses is because on Friday, there is a meet and greet, and then you go and change into your formal gown...Saturday dinner is a little more low key

Amapola

Familiar Face
mysterygal said:
and what a great obsession it is! The reason for the three evening dresses is because on Friday, there is a meet and greet, and then you go and change into your formal gown...Saturday dinner is a little more low key

Oh my gosh! This is going to be better than being in a play!:D

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
mysterygal said:

Which means I'll be wanting three sets of dress as well. Thanks for the warning!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]Which means I'll be wanting three sets of dress as well. Thanks for the warning![/QUOTE]
lol actually, I think the guys get off easy on this part, you can probably get away with one outfit for the whole duration of the event...except during the day of course

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
mysterygal said:
lol actually, I think the guys get off easy on this part, you can probably get away with one outfit for the whole duration of the event...except during the day of course

You obviously haven't met any of the men here or hung out in the Suit forum much at all....they are 10 times worse then we are with the perfect outfit for each individualised moment of time.

:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran