Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2006 QM attire

mysterygal said:
yeah, but these guys make it look good! I was thinking of the look more along the line of the character in 'You've got mail' where she's supposed to meet Joe in the coffee shop and that one guy in the cape goes walking in.

We make it look good? Many bartenders are happy right now. :D
Lauren was a good example there though. You should be just fine---if you have her make your clothes. ;) :p

Regards,

J

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
that would be way too much to ask of Lauren to make my suit...I do have to say, she has the best taste of anybody I know.
So, you like the scratchy materials eh? I love the look of wool, but the last time I snuggled in a wool blanket I broke out in hives from head to foot :(

Wild Root

Gone Home
Wool is my best friend! I love tweed, flannels and worsted! It used to be kind of itchy to me but, I loved the way it wore and looked so much I forced my self to adjust to it... now, I want an old quilt made of old suit swatches!!! Mmmmmmmm, old wool!

Now, wool flannels back in the 30's and 40's is way softer then what they make today! I have a pair of 1934-36 wool flannel pants and they are so soft! Just love wearing them things!

=WR=

decodoll

Practically Family
I think I may actually get to come to the QM event this year after all!!!! Yay!! :D My friends, Suzanne and hopefully Kelley aka Trixie (was doing my absolute darndest to convince her!) are going try to plan for it! I'm so excited!! Can you tell from all the exclamation points!?!!! :D Now I have much QM attire planning to attend to! Any suggestions/tips from those that went last year would be greatly appreciated!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, I’ll tell ya that a classic 30’s gown would be put to good use. I saw some great outfits aboard last year, 30’s-40’s day dresses or suits and other fun outfits along those lines. If you’re planning on attending some of the activities during the day, 30’s or 40’s day wear is very appropriate and in the evening, a gown or a very nice dress would fit in perfect. Pack a steamer full and you’ll be ready to board the RMS Queen Mary for one grand time!

=WR=

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
Wearing a Pendleton shirt jacket today. Works just fine for me. It was a bit scratchy when I was younger and had baby skin though. ;) :p

Regards,

J

P.S. How about wool flanel suits?
yeah yeah, rub it in why don't ya ;) it is a fabric I admire from affar. Wool flannel suits? lets just put it this way..my skin does not like anything with wool in it

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
decodoll said:
I think I may actually get to come to the QM event this year after all!!!! Yay!! :D My friends, Suzanne and hopefully Kelley aka Trixie (was doing my absolute darndest to convince her!) are going try to plan for it! I'm so excited!! Can you tell from all the exclamation points!?!!! :D Now I have much QM attire planning to attend to! Any suggestions/tips from those that went last year would be greatly appreciated!
I didn't go last year, but from the pictures, it got a little chilly outside..so plan on buying a vintage coat if you don't already have one. I haven't been too crazy about the jewellry at some vintage stores but I have found some great costume jewellry at places like claires. Shoes, you can find at Payless, styles have not changed in this department too much. Hope you both can come, it will be great meeting you in person!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo