Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2006 QM attire

decodoll

Practically Family
mysterygal said:
I didn't go last year, but from the pictures, it got a little chilly outside..so plan on buying a vintage coat if you don't already have one. I haven't been too crazy about the jewellry at some vintage stores but I have found some great costume jewellry at places like claires. Shoes, you can find at Payless, styles have not changed in this department too much. Hope you both can come, it will be great meeting you in person!

Thanks, Mysterygal. :) I actually have quite a lot of vintage...don't even get my husband started on the number of vintage shoes I have! I just need to figure out what kinds of things are best to bring for the QM events, and what things I'll "need" to buy or make. :D Can't wait to meet everyone in person!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, one look at your avatar and where you live I could tell you have a large collection of original goods! ;)

Like I said... steamer trunk... fill it! lol You'll be fine!

=WR=

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars

As stated before there was a slight chill in the air last year. After all it is November and we are on the water so the breeze is nice but can have a chill to it... granted not as bad as it would if it was held here in Milwaukee, WI. But with a simple shall or a gentleman offering his coat you should be fine in Long Beach.

-Doc

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
and that is one of the (many) things on my to get list...a cozy full length fur vintage coat..a shawl just isn't going to cut it for this girl..brrrrrrr!!:D

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Woohoo! I'm so excited you're coming, Decodoll!

I think I'm bringing my cousin, too, who's a huge fan of classic film. We're getting a big girl group this year. Yippee!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
DocIndyJones said:
As stated before there was a slight chill in the air last year. After all it is November and we are on the water so the breeze is nice but can have a chill to it... granted not as bad as it would if it was held here in Milwaukee, WI... -Doc
Coming from Boston, it was downright tropical!

For this year's event, I'm thinking of doing the Howard Hughes look all weekend, sort of fits in with Long Beach.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ah yes, you're so right! Now, you'll have to wear your hat towards the back of your head and talk in mumbles and repeat your words....lol lol lol lol

Bring me the milk, bring me the milk, bring me the milk.... lol

Don't forget the Ked's ;)

=WR=

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wild Root said:
Ah yes, you're so right! Now, you'll have to wear your hat towards the back of your head and talk in mumbles and repeat your words....lol lol lol lol

=WR=
I do that anyway!
You know, I tried to find Keds, but I couldn't find a pair I liked. I ended up with a pair of Sperry Top Siders. They'll do the trick. ;)

Wild Root said:

=WR=

Don't forget to act crazy and refuse to touch anything. Grow your hair long with a stragly beard. Don't forget the extra long nails too.
Oh wait, that came later. :p ;)

Regards,

J

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
jamespowers said:
Don't forget to act crazy and refuse to touch anything. Grow your hair long with a stragly beard. Don't forget the extra long nails too.
Oh wait, that came later. :p ;)

Regards,

J
So, that will be NEXT years's QM attire. ;) lol

Perhaps, by November, I would have moved on to something else. Maybe Peter Lorrie. :D

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
This last photo got me thinking... Where are all the men that dress like you men from the Fedora Lounge in Arz? Phoenix area specifically??!!! Where ever you are if you are single (or not hehehe like that matters to me) I want to date you!!! Calling all well dressed gentlemen in Phoenix... come out comeout where ever you are!!!

"Desperation is a stinky cologne." - Super Troopers

Hemingway Jones said:
Something along these lines perhaps?

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, I live close to Glendale CA... sorry, not close enough :eusa_doh:

1161607img4fn.jpg

Here is an outfit along the same lines... they didn't only wear blue with ivory pants... This is some what more 40's... 1940's Bing Crosby Casual shirt, 40's ascot, 40's DB coat and ivory, cream gabardine pants with white bucks! I call this the Hollywood! ;) And to complete, my '46 Plymouth!

=WR=

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I actually live in Glendale, Arz... it confuses people. LOL... yeah.... not close enough. :( Boo!!! Ok, I want all the men in here to move to Arizona for me. Thank you. :)

Wild Root said:
Well, I live close to Glendale CA... sorry, not close enough :eusa_doh:

1161607img4fn.jpg

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo