Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero contract question

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I would run everything through Holly. If you listen to any advice from me, your A-2 will look like a horse blanket on you, and if you listen to Butte, you might be able to breathe inside it. lol lol lol

lol too funny.

While perusing through the Aero A-2 threads tonight, I ran into the one where it was a hot day and Butte, you were in the pool or something on your computer...funny as hell.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Sort of an inside joke between Butte and me. Awhile back, I sold my A-2 Aero Bronco to Butte, who is a foot bigger in all directions than I am. :D The russet goatskin A-2 fits him like a glove, whereas I looked like a junior high school kid trying to wear his father's jacket. If you ask him nicely, Butte might post a picture with him wearing the Bronco, which looks as good as any fit that I have seen on anyone on this forum.;)

me4.jpg

me2.jpg

Looks great!
That's the russet Bronco I got from Fanch. It's an awesome jacket. As,good as a Good Wear? Quality wise I'd say yes, but it's not as accurate say the guys that know the minute details. Maybe an Aero stitcher doesn't spend three days one one jacket (maybe they do) but I was there and saw people making jackets by hand that care about their work so I'm happy to own both.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Yes...both you and Fanch are great guys...more so Fanch though, because I can relate to his long arms!

So here's where I'm at with the selection process.
-Many people say the 38-1711 would compliment a slender frame. My gut instinct tells me to go up a size on this one. But then again, Lungomare has similar measurements and looks/feels fine in his!

-The 42 contract/house jackets might not be the most flattering for my frame, but they might be more comfortable. Edward looks great in his and (forgive me for not linking the threads) I also like the look of Bretafett's A-2s he posted a while back. Blousier than the 38s but still flattering. I actually like the look of the roomier jackets.

-The Bronco. It has been described as best suited for the tall, skinny type. This might make the most sense...unfortunately, other than Buttes or Fanch's, there aren't too many pictures available online.
Maybe not as popular? Should I join the Bronco Club?

Yes...both you and Fanch are great guys...more so Fanch though, because I can relate to his long arms!So here's where I'm at with the selection process.-Many people say the 38-1711 would compliment a slender frame. My gut instinct tells me to go up a size on this one. But then again, Lungomare has similar measurements and looks/feels fine in his!-The 42 contract/house jackets might not be the most flattering for my frame, but they might be more comfortable. Edward looks great in his and (forgive me for not linking the threads) I also like the look of Bretafett's A-2s he posted a while back. Blousier than the 38s but still flattering. I actually like the look of the roomier jackets.-The Bronco. It has been described as best suited for the tall, skinny type. This might make the most sense...unfortunately, other than Buttes or Fanch's, there aren't too many pictures available online.Maybe not as popular? Should I join the Bronco Club?

Here's the Aero Bronco made of Cape. I had just lost a bucnh of weight, so the clothes are ill-fitting, as JanSolo will point out :)

BroncoA2.jpg

Any armpit binding?
On the seal Cape A-2, no. But the russet has a tiny bit. BUT - that's likely my issue. I have XXL Latissimus dorsi muscles that I made made years back. The A-2 was not made for me. I had the same issue with the Good Wear Ventura I posted last week. Also not made for me.

Foster

One of the Regulars
I have a Bronco, they are great for tall people. At 6'3" I went with added length but really could have managed without as much extra length. I used to be a rail like you, 39L was my size but over time I grew to more of a 44L. It only took ten years and a wife who can cook!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I take after my mother's side of the family....so I'll look anorexic forever!
Foster, the fedora lounge needs more Bronco pictures..

Foster

One of the Regulars
Jerky russet horsehide. I have another photo but I can't seem to upload it from a mobile device. Hopefully I can upload it tomorrow.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Here's the gameplan:

Bronco
Seal Goatskin
Size 40 or 42 (will inquire about measurements)
26.5 Length
26.5 Sleeves

Also, does Aero still give you the option to hold off paying until the jacket is made?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24