Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Steerhide

Mike D

Familiar Face
Unlike me, your Sheene fits perfectly. For me, the 42 fit has droopy shoulders and a poofy back. the 40 would give me a tight waist line even by half sizing it up. So i odered a Board Racer fit jacket in 42 which shortens the shoulders and back but keeps the same waistline. If i dont like that fit then ill get a highwayman.

Last edited:

dan_t

Practically Family
Ha! I was thinking the same thing.
Keep this one whilst you plan the upcoming Sheene.
The key though is how YOU feel this fits. I think it looks great.
if anything, one inch shorter in the body, but that's really splitting hairs.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
That looks like it was made for you! I think body length is perfect too, the board racer is similar to the J100, a little bit longer than the regular cafe racer, but the bottom of the zipper reaches your belt, which is perfect.
Unless you wanted another choice of leather i don't see a need to change anything!

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Sloan is a bit of a show-off, but your jacket also fits great. If you fancy the tight fit, keep it, it fits great for what it is, a trim fitting jacket.

Personally, since I gained few pounds lately and got more of a trunkshaped body, no belly mind you, but no narrow waists either anymore, I prefer the boxy fits, Highwayman, Vanson Stadium, Johnson Leather Car Coat.. Not saying you cannot pull off this trim fit, you can wear it just as much as I could and this particular jacket fits you quite well, it's just an account of my recent change of taste.

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
It looks very good to me; however, I prefer my leather jackets just about an inch shorter so I have easier access to my pockets. But as Carlos pointed out, the bottom of the zipper does come to the belt line. Evidently this is the way this particular jacket is designed. With this design, it is easier to get to the pockets because the bottom of the jacket isn't as tight.

Isn't using a fit jacket the way to go? I don't know who you used, but I will never buy another jacket without using the fit jacket option, such as offered by Wade and Carrie and Johnson Leathers.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I agree with others and don't see how the fit of the BR could be improved on from what I see in the pics. Had you ordered a Sheene, I imagine you would have needed a size 40 with 1/2" to 1" added to each side panel as I and others did to correct a tight waist line in a Sheene with a standard pattern. PAWINEGUY, as I recall, bought a size 42 Sheene with 1/2" added to each side panel but then also bought a standard size 44 BR, and both fit him well. Perhaps he will see my post and comment.

Mike D

Familiar Face
Although slim fitting i still have tons of room and will be able to layer.

Last edited:

Mike D

Familiar Face
I used Carrie and shes the one who recommended a board racer 42 fit jacket after i was dissapointed with a cafe racer fit. Very glad i was patient. I also think the lenght could be a little shorter but that s just nitpicking, i wont change a thing fit wise.

Now i have to give my custom choices.

I've changed my mind many times in the last 2 weeks since the board racer is a slightly different so here it goes.

Black FQHH
keep the exact design of the fit jacket
maybe add 2 hand warmer pockets
vintage talon brass zippers (I saw on the aero website that they had old stock)

Or
Sheene collar
Brown FQHH
maybe add 2 hand warmer pockets
vintage talon brass zippers (I saw on the aero website that they had old stock)

Or buy 2 jackets, just kidding

Last edited:
Reactions: RJR

Mike D

Familiar Face
I agree with others and don't see how the fit of the BR could be improved on from what I see in the pics. Had you ordered a Sheene, I imagine you would have needed a size 40 with 1/2" to 1" added to each side panel as I and others did to correct a tight waist line in a Sheene with a standard pattern. PAWINEGUY, as I recall, bought a size 42 Sheene with 1/2" added to each side panel but then also bought a standard size 44 BR, and both fit him well. Perhaps he will see my post and comment.

Yes, It would have looked close to a board racer after all the size modifications were complete.

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many

Exactly and well put. The Board Racer is a much more tubular design as opposed to the Sheene / Cafe Racer which is very tapered. They are my two favorite jackets and I wouldn't have been able to wear a Sheene if they hadn't added to the side panels, it would have fit me ok up top but been too tight near the waist. The 42 Sheene as standard had a much smaller bottom opening than a 44 Board Racer, even though the 44 Board Racer has a similar chest measurement and smaller shoulders.

In terms of your final spec, I would think about what shoes / boots you most often wear, in terms of color. Either way you won't go wrong, whether you add the Sheene collar to it or not, as getting the fit right is the hard part. Hand warmer pockets can come in very handy, I put a small wallet in one of the top pockets of my Board Racer since that's all the storage that I have in the jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails