Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra brim cut and binding.

thecoolmiester

New in Town
man, great job on that hat.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I finally got around to the Leisuretime. With this one I just wanted to get used to the sewing machine I picked up, and work on closing up the back better.:rolleyes:

Well this one was brutal. I used polyester for the brim, the one you see is the second attempt. Dee wanted the ribbon to match the brim but I just could not make polyester ribbon work so I used the cotton/rayon in a darker color.[huh] She will probably want me to take it off tomorrow so I haven't cleaned up the loose threads yet.:eusa_doh: I went with an attempt at a back bow also.

I have some cotton/rayon ribbon on the way so I am anxious to see how much easier it is to work with!
Before

PB160001.jpg

After
The discoloration is water, I wet it to give it some shape.

GEDC0439-1.jpg

GEDC0440-1.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another winner, IC. That bit of contrast between the ribbon and the binding make the binding stand out even more. I like it.

Mr. Paladin

IC, on my monitor the center fold on the bow looks the same color as the brim binding. Is that just lighting or did you coordinate it like that? If so, that really brings the two together. Nicely done; that join at the rear of the brim binding looks good.

BobC

I offered my moonstone Fed Dlx IV to IC as a practice hat for his brim binding talents, and after a while he agreed to take it. He resisted for a while mostly, I think, because he didn't want to risk messing up my hat. I told him it was a no pressure deal and if he did hurt the hat I'd have a reason to buy another one. Finally he agreed to take the hat and this is what I got back from him....

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I think it looks darn good, and I have a moonstone Fed Dlx IV that's different from any other one I've seen, and I have one of the first of Indycop's custom bound hats. Thanks, John. I think you did great.

As a bonus, there were two cigars tucked inside the hat when I got it back. You can't beat that, can you?

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
BobC said:
I offered my moonstone Fed Dlx IV to IC as a practice hat for his brim binding talents, and after a while he agreed to take it. He resisted for a while mostly, I think, because he didn't want to risk messing up my hat. I told him it was a no pressure deal and if he did hurt the hat I'd have a reason to buy another one. Finally he agreed to take the hat and this is what I got back from him....
Oh, man, that's beautiful. Great job, IC, and congrats, Bob!

BobC said:
...Thanks, John. I think you did great.

As a bonus, there were two cigars tucked inside the hat when I got it back. You can't beat that, can you?
I think he did great as well & with the cigar bonus, you can't beat that with a stick! He is truly a cop on the EDGE!!! :D lol :eusa_clap

BobC

I e-mailed a couple of pics of my newly bound brim Fed Dlx IV to Ron at Hatsdirect. This was his response:

Hi Robert,

just a quick note - the hat looks pretty smart - almost tempting to run a bunch with a bound edge - I won't though!!! (Life is too complicated as it is.)

Cheers, Ron

Congratulations, IC. You may have started a trend.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
I e-mailed a couple of pics of my newly bound brim Fed Dlx IV to Ron at Hatsdirect. This was his response:

Hi Robert,

just a quick note - the hat looks pretty smart - almost tempting to run a bunch with a bound edge - I won't though!!! (Life is too complicated as it is.)

Cheers, Ron

Congratulations, IC. You may have started a trend.
:eek: :eek: IC Trendsetter.lol lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925