Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Drunk/Mean Drunk

Are you a happy drunk or mean drunk

• Happy drunk - I love the world when I'm tight

Votes: 34 94.4%
  • Mean drunk - Don't cross my path

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Mojito

One Too Many
While I won't admit to being drunk - merely, on occasion, a trifle merry or maudlin - I do vary in mood. I can either be expansive and extroverted in the dancing-on-tables sense, philosophic/poetry quoting/verging on tedious (much like Barney's "Professor" phase), or just a wee, wee bit belligerant.

Like the time I took on half a dozen friends over whether or not an external glassed-in staircase we walked past was attractive. Never mind that half of them were architects and the other half were engineers by profession - no, I was ready to take them all on in defence of what they admitted was a quite overwhelmingly emphatic position, so great was my loathing of the staircase.

I also tend to take on 'missions' when well primed. Like trying to climb over the walls of Highgate Cemetary to visit Elizabeth Siddal in the middle of the night after a pub crawl from Camden Town to East Finchley. Once, following a few hours musing in a pub on a visit to Ireland, I walked a ten mile round trip to visit a particular location connected with Michael Collins when I found myself without other transport.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I'm happy. Giggly. Dumb.

And huggy. My friends can't decide if its cute or annoying. "Don't cross my path" counts if we already know each other, but you like your personal space. :D

-Viola

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
When I get lit, I smile at everything :)
The world is full of possibilities, and I just realize that. Im motivated! Lets go, lets solve the planets problems...

YEAH! :D

But most of this is in my head, I dont start a crusade or anything. I reflect, and make fun of the loud drunk in the corner. :eek:

LD

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
I'm really neither, but I'm for certain not a happy drunk... just sort of a Dorothy Parker drunk: quick quips and very social, and I tend to swear a bit more. However, if you ask me for the 'Truth' and my opinion about something after I've been drinking, the filter of softening the information and molly-coddling is most certainly gone. It's all bluntness.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Feraud said:
A happy drunk. Totally!

Oddly enough, when I get tight I get really good looking and know Kung Fu.

lol lol

It's a great way to break in a jacket.

After a couple, I want all the bourbon in Kentucky and all the tobacco in Viginia.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I can happily say....

.. and quite proudly, I'm not a drunk. I gave it up fourteen years ago and haven't touched alcohol since.

I am a happy sober!

-dixon cannon:cheers1:

Never been drunk, never intend to be except one time under controlled conditions, for the sole purpose of gathering empirical data about my own reactions to alcohol.

Other than when the time comes for that test, I have a hard two-drink limit, which I cling to like my life depended on it.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
Never been drunk, never intend to be except one time under controlled conditions, for the sole purpose of gathering empirical data about my own reactions to alcohol.

Other than when the time comes for that test, I have a hard two-drink limit, which I cling to like my life depended on it.

Two drinks DOES give me empirical data on what I'm like tipsy. That's kind of sad, isn't it?

-Viola

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Dixon Cannon said:
.. and quite proudly, I'm not a drunk. I gave it up fourteen years ago and haven't touched alcohol since.

I am a happy sober!

-dixon cannon:cheers1:
Good for you Dixon. I'm happy to say I'm a happy moderator,...err, uhh, I'm moderately happy? Happy in moderation? Well, at any rate, I don't like the feeling of being out of control that alcohol so easily gives people. It's easy to get loopy, and I've learned my lesson. Many times in fact. :eek: :rolleyes: So now I never touch the hard stuff, and I stick to a few beers or a bit of vino to just get mellow and relax.
I've seen too many abusers of alcohol, and the results of that abuse. :eek:

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Viola said:
I'm happy. Giggly. Dumb.

And huggy. My friends can't decide if its cute or annoying. "Don't cross my path" counts if we already know each other, but you like your personal space. :D

-Viola
Huggy? :)
Nothing wrong with a bit of huggy now and then,...in moderation of course. ;)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Senator Jack said:
No, it's North Kentuckilina. All the borboun of Kentucky and all the tobacco of North Carolina.

:eek:fftopic:
What is with you and combining Kentucky with other states lol
**me speaking as a native and hearing the dreaded 'Kentuckyiana' :eusa_doh: ** I always hated that term. (Im from Louisville).

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran