Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Drunk/Mean Drunk

Are you a happy drunk or mean drunk

• Happy drunk - I love the world when I'm tight

Votes: 34 94.4%
  • Mean drunk - Don't cross my path

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Good for you Dixon. I'm happy to say I'm a happy moderator,...err, uhh, I'm moderately happy? Happy in moderation? Well, at any rate, I don't like the feeling of being out of control that alcohol so easily gives people. It's easy to get loopy, and I've learned my lesson. Many times in fact. :eek: :rolleyes: So now I never touch the hard stuff, and I stick to a few beers or a bit of vino to just get mellow and relax.
I've seen too many abusers of alcohol, and the results of that abuse. :eek:

I will drink to that, my friend! -dixon cannon

Cobden

Practically Family
I know my drinking pattern fairly well:

2-3 beers: slightly merry
4-5 beers: talk rubbish and make stuff up
6 beers: Order food from dodgy kebabery
7 beers: fall alseep on bar/in chair/on train
8 beers: fall asleep, wake up in Budapest

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Huggy? :)

Nothing wrong with a bit of huggy now and then,...in moderation of course. ;)

...ohhhhh, tell that to Richard Gere! Do you think he might have been a bit tipsy? No!... let's blame jet-lag! (Or bad acting!) -dixon cannon:rolleyes:

S

Samsa

I become moderately social. Usually I am on the quiet side, but with enough alcohol I become - for lack of a better word - normal. Sobriety brings with it a return to quietude.

SaraBell

Familiar Face
Samsa said:
I become moderately social. Usually I am on the quiet side, but with enough alcohol I become - for lack of a better word - normal. Sobriety brings with it a return to quietude.

Same here. I'm generally quiet, but when drunk I become more talkative (and much more giggly:p ).

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Not drunk.

I have only been tipsy once. Then I was giggly, and just wanted to go to sleep.

Generally, it is pretty rare for me to drink, period. I will occasionally have a glass of wine, or a cocktail in a social situation. Mostly, I just don't care for the taste of it.

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
Unfortunately I am unable to drink for two medical reasons.

1. Allergies. Certain alchols will cause me to break out in a rash. Brandy for example. Just one sip and I break out in a rash on my neck, chest and face. Some wines do this to me also, and beer. A couple of more sips with certain liquors and my lungs start closing up.

2. Asian intolerance. One of my grandmothers was Chinese. I inherited the Asia intolerance gene from her. About 40% of Asians have this intolerance. The liver is missing an enzyme needed for the proper "filtering" of the alcohol. Hence more than about two drinks and a mild sort of poisoning starts to occur.

Hence the only alcohol I can consume without any effect of either 1 or 2 above is potato vodka. And even in this case no more than two drinks before malady 2 kicks in. So, it's only one martini for me, two max, and it has to be potato vodka.

M8

Rooster

Practically Family
I don't drink at all anymore due to medical reasons.:( I must say I don't miss the occasional hangover...
But when I did, I was a VERY happy fellow. I'm generally very quiet sober, but start pouring the beer down me and look out! I used to sing and dance on the bar and tell women I've never met how beautifull they are.
I sure wish I had all the money back I spent in bars in my 20's......lol

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Senator Jack said:
I'm always being told that alcohol is a depressant. I have to say, I'm a happy drunk. An hour ago I thought I hit my nadir and a couple of cocktails later I'm ready to take on the world. Which side are you on?

Regards,

Senator Jack

So you were under the influence when you typed this? TUI!!!:eek:

I only drink at Friday happy hour...no liquor, usually just one or two beers. But every once in a while...like last Friday...I'll make the mistake of having two glasses of wine first. I then become happy and definitely get talkative. Apparently, according to some, I'm a bit of a mystery as I don't reveal too much about myself to others, so I get asked a lot more questions when I get a bit tipsy (I think I do, anyway). I only live three blocks from my happy hour spot so I don't get too concerned about going over my usual limit.

water.jpg
[/IMG]

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
DEPRESSED drunk. It makes me morose, self-pitying, miserable - the very opposite of the "expected" socializing influence. It's not a pretty sight!

So, apart from a glass of Cognac on New Year's Eve and a very occasional glass of wine (or even more rarely, beer) when I'm with friends who insist on drinking, I don't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic