Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Drunk/Mean Drunk

Are you a happy drunk or mean drunk

• Happy drunk - I love the world when I'm tight

Votes: 34 94.4%
  • Mean drunk - Don't cross my path

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I went to college at Campaign Illinois and I didn't know any mean drunks there at all. The bar fights were usually from out of town. Saw lots and lots of STUPID things happen, but no fights. I mean really stupid, like mooning all of the way through a picture window. Boy was that girl surprised.

Obviously a happy drunk, but Rue's current Avatar has that "someones getting spanked" look, so now I'm happy and worried....

Later Y'all

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I went to college at Campaign Illinois and I didn't know any mean drunks there at all.

I had the exact opposite experience in college, where we had a campus pub. These guys fought over foosball, snooker, tables, cigarettes... You name it. I spent a moderate amount of time in the pub, but I knew to beat it once I heard some soused guy yell "ARE YOU &*%$#@& LOOKING AT ME?!" Else I might be hit by a flying chair. The bouncers (yes) constantly had their hands full.

There were more extreme consequences than just killing the atmosphere, too - One morning, the body of a 21 year old student was found in the ravine on campus grounds. They later revealed he was killed after a brawl in the pub over a snooker bet.

Last edited:

rue

I had the exact opposite experience in college, where we had a campus pub. These guys fought over foosball, snooker, tables, cigarettes... You name it. I spent a moderate amount of time in the pub, but I knew to beat it once I heard some soused guy yell "ARE YOU &*%$#@& LOOKING AT ME?!" Else I might be hit by a flying chair. The bouncers (yes) constantly had their hands full.

There were more extreme consequences than just killing the atmosphere, too - One morning, the body of a 21 year old student was found in the ravine on campus grounds. They later revealed he was killed after a brawl in the pub over a snooker bet.

Damn.... they're rough up there :eeek:

rue said:
Damn.... they're rough up there :eeek:

Must be something in the water... or beer
it wasn't "Elsinore Beer", eh? :D

[video=youtube;dsA9fO-WdEU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsA9fO-WdEU[/video]

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Must be something in the water... or beer

Our beer is stronger than your weak American stuff ;) Seriously though, hard liquor was the drink of choice, often mixed with pitchers of beer. That's where the danger is - Never mix, never worry!

I play a lot of snooker, and I've never gotten close to real anger!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Beer & Liquor, never sicker
Oh great, there goes breakfast.............

depthcharge.jpg

ejbhats

A-List Customer
Having been a bartender off and on for 10 years, when I was younger, it's fair to say I've seen the best and the worst of some of the finest people I know. A good attorney friend of mine, (that is a good friend who happens to be an attorney), the rest I won't comment on... said to me one time, "Tequilla makes my clothes fall off"! She'd learned her lesson about passing the bar exam! The quote from her may not be original but it was the first time I'd heard it.
Over my years of experience I've developed a thought that if I were ever elected king of the world, 3 things would be mandatory:
1. Everyone should be required to have a high school diploma.
2. Everyone should be required to serve 6 months in the military.
3. Everyone should have to be a bartender for 6 months.
If you've ever tended bar, you know what I mean.
As for me having too much to drink... I get very friendly then it's time for bed. Wherever I am!

Flipped Lid

One of the Regulars
Amen. I tended bar part-time in a little neighborhood pub for six years. I wouldn't take a million dollars for the experience or take a million dollars to do it again.

Having been a bartender off and on for 10 years, when I was younger, it's fair to say I've seen the best and the worst of some of the finest people I know. A good attorney friend of mine, (that is a good friend who happens to be an attorney), the rest I won't comment on... said to me one time, "Tequilla makes my clothes fall off"! She'd learned her lesson about passing the bar exam! The quote from her may not be original but it was the first time I'd heard it.
Over my years of experience I've developed a thought that if I were ever elected king of the world, 3 things would be mandatory:
1. Everyone should be required to have a high school diploma.
2. Everyone should be required to serve 6 months in the military.
3. Everyone should have to be a bartender for 6 months.
If you've ever tended bar, you know what I mean.
As for me having too much to drink... I get very friendly then it's time for bed. Wherever I am!

ejbhats

A-List Customer
What an excellent way to put it. Those are my sentiments exactly.

Amen. I tended bar part-time in a little neighborhood pub for six years. I wouldn't take a million dollars for the experience or take a million dollars to do it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran