Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heart attack {Chief000731 Carl}

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Major Moore I don`t know you from Adam but I would like to say your generous gesture is an inspiration to us all and I feel proud to share this community with you.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I've been away from the lounge for 4 days while moving, and just read this. I'm really sorry to hear whats going on with the Chief. Sandi, please give Carl my sincerest get well wishes. I hope he has a speedy recovery!

Mike, that's a wonderful thing your doing for Carl. I feel very fortunate to have met you last year in Texas, and hope to see you in less than a month.

We really do have wonderful people here on the lounge! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

capnwes

Familiar Face
Major Moore I don`t know you from Adam but I would like to say your generous gesture is an inspiration to us all and I feel proud to share this community with you.

+1

Carl had just purchased two items from me on ebay. He was a super pleasant customer in his communications. M. Moore's generousity was infectious on my end. I have sent along his purchases free of charge. When he recovers, Carl will be the best dressed patient in rehab.

Below are the links to Carls new threads to go with his awesome new hat.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300697689855
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170828928930

Get Well Soon Chief!!

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good day Chief and Sandi. From Sandi's post on the latest events, I am happy for the both of you. Tough days need tough folks. Stay as tough as needed.

Fed. Forum folks, boy howdy you are best! As many of you, I will surely send some business down to Mike after his showing his generous and compasionate nature. You folks need to be proud.

Carl, thinking of you and your family, Eric -

scooter

Practically Family
Hey, Chief and Mrs. Chief, I've been out of the loop for a few days and only just now read this. I'm sorry to hear of your health scare, and I'm sending along best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. We are all pulling for you.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
While this is undoubtedly a very difficult time for you all, please know that there are literally millions of people living full, satisfying lives post-heart attack and surgery. And they do so for decades and decades, in many cases....

Hi Sandi

Plus a few on TonyB's words.

My Dad underwent a quad or quint (I forgot) bypass back in 1984 at the age of 65. He died on August 19, 2012 of a completely unrelated event (aneurism, I think). I don't know how old the chief is, but he didn't look 65 in his pictures.

One thing to note, is that immediately following heart surgery, the Chief will look and feel pretty much dead as a doornail. They cool down you body so you don't bleed as much (or something like that), tubes all over etc. Don't pay ANY attention to that, just to what the Doctor tells you. In Dad's case, it was "Don't worry, he'll be fine, he just looks dead cause we killed him, took his heart out fixed it and zapped him back to life." That was Friday, he was walking on Monday, and doesn't remember until Tuesday. Don't say anything funny for a while, it will hurt to laugh for a year or so, but it may be better now.

Sorry to be graphic, but it freaked my Mom out. You don't need to go through that. They let us in to see him a little earlier than maybe they should have, but that's the way they did it back in 1984.

I'd PM Tony if you have questions, he's lived through it.

Later

Last edited:

Woodfluter

Practically Family
Sorry to say, I don't know Carl but this outpouring, and the generosity of others including Major Moore, is a testament to the qualities of the people who hang out here.

All my best wishes for his recovery. Looks like there's some good advice here. I've known some who have had triple bypass surgery and they recovered fully. Hang in there. Folks you barely know or don't know at all actually care.

- Bill

majormoore

Vendor
When I get back to the hat shop on Friday evening, will get the brim sanded down really nice, will then decide the color for the bound edge and hatband ribbon, Sat morning will sew sweatband in, then stamp his name in the sweatband, will flange the brim and send the hat to him next Monday morning.

BTW his hat is silver belly, 100% beaver dress ( Winchester Hat Body) has a full 5 3/4" open crown and a 2 1/2" brim.

Hope this very small gift will help him recover faster.

Major Moore

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When I get back to the hat shop on Friday evening, will get the brim sanded down really nice, will then decide the color for the bound edge and hatband ribbon, Sat morning will sew sweatband in, then stamp his name in the sweatband, will flange the brim and send the hat to him next Monday morning.

BTW his hat is silver belly, 100% beaver dress ( Winchester Hat Body) has a full 5 3/4" open crown and a 2 1/2" brim.

Hope this very small gift will help him recover faster.

Major Moore

That sounds like Mr. Chief all over!

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap BRAVO MAJOR! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Godspeed, Chief!
:D

RBH

Bartender
Thank you Sir!!! This shows what the Lounge is.
A group of fine people that care!!!

We all have friends we have never met.

+1

Carl had just purchased two items from me on ebay. He was a super pleasant customer in his communications. M. Moore's generousity was infectious on my end. I have sent along his purchases free of charge. When he recovers, Carl will be the best dressed patient in rehab.

Below are the links to Carls new threads to go with his awesome new hat.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300697689855
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170828928930

Get Well Soon Chief!!

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
I don't post that often so I don't get a chance to get to know the members here, but I'm pulling for the Chief. I have been reading up on heart attacks lately, partly because of the sudden death of Davy Jones who was supposed to be fit as a fiddle. Best wishes to both of you!:)

Chief000731

Practically Family
The surgery is over Carl is doing great I got to see him for a few minutes it was bitter sweet I was glad hes ok but I never want to see him like that again it scared me to death. The Doctor said he was fine, they thought they were going to have to amputate his right leg they couldn't believe he was able to walk there was no artery to his leg left just little feeder vessels they were amazed about that. They did the surgery yesterday it was a very lengthy procedure I couldn't sleep so I sat there waiting, they finally told me to go home I was waiting to go to his room they told me it was a little different this time and it sure is. I just got home they said it would be a while before I could be with him they told me I could see him for a little bit at a time tomorrow. Thank you all I will let you know if anything changes. My thanks and thoughts are with each of you thank you all again you have made this whole ordeal easier for me I love reading all the things people have to share. I'm going to try and sleep now, THANK YOU ALL so much Sandi P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails