Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

If you're interested I have posted some video of a couple of Fedora Lounge events on You-Tube. If you go to the Steamer Trunk section there will be threads for the VIDEO Queen Mary Event 2010 and VIDEO LA Biltmore event. There are links in the post. I'd love if you posted a comment on you-tube and or the thread in the Steamer Trunk section!
Also if you click on my account in You-tube you'll see a list of all the videos. There are 13 for the QM. http://www.youtube.com/user/john91722?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/oSpP_8SQsZ8

Last edited:

Tempora et mores

New in Town
Hello,
I am a 22-year-old from Toronto, a (perpetual, it seems) student by occupation and my self-introductions tend to be on the awkward side (and parenthesis-ridden): How I found this place is now lost in time, as I have used it as a reference guide to everything for quite a while (Huge thanks for all bits of information and wisdom I gathered from here!); and since lurking here was becoming more addictive by day I thought I may as well plunge into the discussion myself. I am fascinated to various degrees everything that can be labeled as "old stuff" (from 8th c. BC or so :) ), but to narrow it down to the last century I'd say that I especially like Art Deco architecture and design (anywhere from the Empire State to flatware patterns), cinema from its beginnings and through the 60s, old photo cameras, collecting board games for Toronto's 9-month long winters... And, of course, clothing from 20s to 50s was what first released the fashionable side of my personality (and made it run rampant through the city, compulsively hoarding things.)
In other words, I am delighted to meet everyone. :)

K.McG

New in Town
Hello there...

My name is Kate, 22 from Pennsylvania, near Reading to be precise... I have always wanted to go to World War II weekend...but have yet to, hope to change that this year.... But I digress. I am approaching the end of my college career, in which I am perusing a BA in Costume Design, which is where my love of history and clothing come in handy. Aside from accessories, and a slip turned overskirt, my vintage wardrobe is virtually non-exisitant. Have always loved the style, just never was confidant enough to go for it, that has obviously changed, thank goodness. Right now I am concentrating on working with my hair, even though its orange red and yellow... I still like to have it set as nicely as I am able.

Cannot really recall how I happened on the Lounge, but I am glad I did.

Uuuh yeah, I have a tendency to ramble, particularly when it comes to introductions.

Welcome, fellow rambler!

Hello there...

My name is Kate, 22 from Pennsylvania, near Reading to be precise... I have always wanted to go to World War II weekend...but have yet to, hope to change that this year.... But I digress. I am approaching the end of my college career, in which I am perusing a BA in Costume Design, which is where my love of history and clothing come in handy. Aside from accessories, and a slip turned overskirt, my vintage wardrobe is virtually non-exisitant. Have always loved the style, just never was confidant enough to go for it, that has obviously changed, thank goodness. Right now I am concentrating on working with my hair, even though its orange red and yellow... I still like to have it set as nicely as I am able.

Cannot really recall how I happened on the Lounge, but I am glad I did.

Uuuh yeah, I have a tendency to ramble, particularly when it comes to introductions.

ValentinoVamp

New in Town
Hey Everyone!

After lurking for awhile, I've decided to introduce myself. My name is Sarah and I'm from Virginia (near the Richmond area) and I've been living here for the past year and I love it. Being a history buff, living in an area steeped in such a rich history is a dream come true for me. I've been into vintage for years, but don't have a vintage wardrobe yet. Still working on that. All the shops that sell vintage clothing seem to want an arm and a leg for their items, so I have to keep looking! I'm okay with vintage-inspired items that are new but still retain that vintage look. Mod Cloth and Pin Up Girl Clothing are not bad, but again, super expensive, at least for me. ;) I'm also planning on trying some vintage hairstyles, for the first time, to see what I can pull off and be brave enough to wear out in public. I'll get there!! Anyway, it's great to be here and I hope to get to know you all a little better. :)

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
It is either a gift or a hindrance, I cannot decide which! But I am glad to be in good company!

Welcome from both a fellow rambler and fellow Pennsylvanian college student! :yo: I hope you enjoy the Lounge as much as I have in my short time here. There's a lot to learn, and with the mannerly and conversational feel, you can't go wrong.

I've thought about the Reading WWII Weekend also, but don't know of anyone among my family or friends who would share my interest in going. Sometime, perhaps... or better yet, make a Lounge get-together of it?

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Hello, my name is Terry and I'm from Charleston, Illinois. I'm an avid hat wearer and Harley rider. I'm not new to forums but just joined this one. This is a great forum and I can tell I'm gonna enjoy myself. I have somewhere around 15 hats now. Everything from Stetson to Tilley. I wear a Tilley at work everyday (Home Depot Employee). I'm known as "The Hat Guy" at the Depot and everyone is use to my hats and notice all the different ones.

vintagedancer

New in Town
Hi Sarah,

Try Chicstar.com for vintage inspired 40's pin up and 50's swing dresses. They are usually $50 or less. Just be sure to get the right size, returns are not cheap. For a cheaper mod cloth alternative check out tulle4us.com I just ran across them today and they have some cute clothes.

welcome!

Debbie

cydneyr

New in Town
Ohmygoodness! I can't believe I missed this.. I'm sorry for random posting, I just assumed there wasn't an introduction thread. I'm so embarrassed!
Hello, I'm Cydney! I'm in high school, I live near LA. I've been doing theater since I could walk/speak and I've had a fascination with Old Hollywood acting/musicals early on. I've always admired great acting! My appreciation for fine acting quickly branched out into loving the era as an entirety. I hope to one day perform on broadway!
That about sums me up! Again.. So sorry for random posting hahha..

ValentinoVamp

New in Town
Oh wow! I can't believe I'd never heard of Chicstar.com or Tulle4us.com. Thanks for the two new obsessions..lol! I am always browsing around on the internet, but rarely do I actually purchase something because of the prices, but Chicstar seems great. They have good prices. Have you ever bought anything from them? I'm assuming you have as you mentioned returns are not cheap. I was wondering how nice their dresses are. I already have my eye on a couple of them. :)

Thanks again for the help!!
Sarah

vintagedancer

New in Town
I confess I have not bought one yet (I will be soon.) I just know that they are best sellers on my website (link in signature) and they have a very loyal following of regular buyers. They are made and shipped from China so I assume the quality is not amazing but more mid quality poly-cotton blends. That's what makes them so affordable.
The return shipping is expensive because you have to ship back to china and you only have 30 days to do it. While most first class international shipments arrive within 30 days there is no guarantee. To upgrade to Priority mail means paying at least $20 which is half the cost of their clothes- so to me it wouldn't be worth it.
Based on what I sell and see in customers I think their clothes are worth trying. You certainly can't beat the price!
If you get one please let me know what you think. I'd like to write a more in dept review of their site once I get my dress to.

siobhanjulia

New in Town
Hi there everyone,
I'm thinking that this would be a great place to start. My name is Siobhan, I'm 20, and I'm from London, currently studying SFX for film and theatre at uni. I'm so glad to have come across this place, I've been browsing for a while and definitely want to get involved!
I'd probably say that my favourite eras from the past would be the 40s and 50s, and most of my vintage clothes are from these periods, and most of my repros aim to be ;). Thanks for having me! See you around.

juup

New in Town
Hey all, I'm Juup.

I currently reside in Albuquerque but am working my way to better horizons in Australia or Europe. I found the lounge through an friend here in ABQ but lost my login info and the email i was using has since been deactivated. My areas of interest are 30/40's Law enforcement memorabilia and WWII militaria and old school cinema and cinemas.

Lusty Haze

New in Town
Eeeep! I couldn't find an introductions thread! lol.

Well, I'm Lusty Haze, I'm 24 and from Milton Keynes (England).
I'm a trained makeup artist, trainee body piercer and soon to be studying to become a nail technician.

I've been wearing vintage clothes for around 6 months now, and am a 40's and 50's enthusiast. I've been into the 40's and 50's for a good few years, but never had the courage to wear it - until recently, and now I can't get enough of it. I wear most vintage, with some repro.

I also have a blog which I update regularly, which is based on all my vintage finds, the kind of music I'm into and anything else I think someone might want to read hehe.

I love this forum! Oh, and a huge thankyou to Moira <3 you're a star. x

Last edited:

Lindy Lou

New in Town
Hi Ladies and Gents,

Long time lurker coming out of the closet... I'm in Virginia Beach, VA and have been a re-enactor of several eras, including WWII. I love all things 30's and 40s (naturally), and am building my vintage and vintage-y collection. I look forward to meeting new friends and re-connecting with some old ones, too. I have already learned much from the forum (how to cut a middy, for instance). Keep it coming, ladies. Love it!!!

Miss Retro Chic

New in Town
Hello all,

I posted an introduction post in the powder room by mistake. I'll introduce myself again :

I'm Miss Retro Chic, 41 and living in Antwerp/Belgium with my 17-year old daughter and 2 dogs. Me and my daughter love vintage and we frequently browse the thrift stores in our neighbourhood. We have a lot of vintage stores in Antwerp, but they are horribly expensive, so what I cannot find at Oxfam, I try to sew myself.

As we do not have a "live" vintage community here, I thought to join this forum to be able to talk to likeminded people.

I love to learn about vintage fashion, but also history and vintage lifestyle. I still have a lot to learn!

You'll see me around often, I guess!!

Love,
Miss Retro Chic

MissChloeCorville

Familiar Face
Howdy, dolls! ;) My name is Chloe, I live in Plant City, Florida. I 've been collecting vintage clothing since I was 12. I started to getting into yester-year through my Ma and Aunt, they watched I Love Lucy every day. So since I can remember I have been watching that wanting to wear vintage clothing and do my hair up! I'm happy I 've found this page from a couple of years ago but just now getting to it. :( I loooove this forum!! And looking forward to meeting new vintage loving folks on here! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic