Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Potterville!

wl_079.jpg

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
I always liked the American town name, St. Petersburg. In fact, any American town that has the same name as a city in Europe just seems to fit the bill for me. Either that or towns that end in BURG. Either that or towns named after Saints.

In that light, I will add to the growing list:

St. Homobonusburg (Okay, so the name sucks, but Homobonus is the Patron Saint of Tailors)
St. Trifoneburg (The Patron Saint of Alessandro, Italy?)
New Florence
New Munich

Okay, you can just scratch those.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I'd be willing to compromise on the snow issue.

:) One month of snow, from mid December to mid January. lol
But the name Willoughby is non-negotiable. I mean it's just so down-home folksy and twilight zoneish.
How could Rod Serling be wrong?! :)

(Potterville is okay too, though.)

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
Maj.Nick Danger said:
:) One month of snow, from mid December to mid January. lol
But the name Willoughby is non-negotiable. I mean it's just so down-home folksy and twilight zoneish.
How could Rod Serling be wrong?! :)

(Potterville is okay too, though.)
I have to agree with you. Willoughby has been the best name so far. And we do need some snow at Christmastime.
Fedoraville isn't too bad.

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
I don't want to think about a name anymore, I'll think about that tomorrow....
One thing johnnydnh asked is what kind of rules would we need? We would have to have a vintage clothing rule, or vintage looking anyways since some of us are having a hard time finding real vintage clothing that fits. What else?

Wild Root

Gone Home
For the vintage challenged, (Or for any one really) I do believe we mentioned earlier that we'd have our own mill to make textiles for suits and other clothing to be 100% accurate in look, drape, feel and wear... as close to original as one can get! Face it, we can have suits that look vintage but, one has to make it out of the right fabric to really pull off the look!

Clothing will be available in town!

And if some one is dead set on a "Fedora" type name, how's Fedora Falls? Or Fedora Flats?

=WR=

Viola

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
I agree on the town name but not the snow. I'll give you one day of snow when I am on vacation away from the town. :p :D

Regards,

J

It needs to snow on Christmas, and the pond must freeze solid for little kids and couples to skate on with woolen scarves and ear muffs. Norman Rockwell's Law!

As far as I am concerned, however, this can all be a week in Dec/Jan and then it all melts and goes far, far away.

Viola said:
It needs to snow on Christmas, and the pond must freeze solid for little kids and couples to skate on with woolen scarves and ear muffs. Norman Rockwell's Law!

As far as I am concerned, however, this can all be a week in Dec/Jan and then it all melts and goes far, far away.

I think we could have a Hawaiian Christmas with people dressed in linen and Palm Beach. Straw hats abound with BBQs at the town's square. Now that would be a cool Christmas. :D
We can have a nice indoor ice rink for those who want cold and a place to wear cold weather clothes. ;)

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails