Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
How about Polyester Park..HAHAHA!

NO SNOW... wait a minute... how about a huge mountain that has snow in the winter for skiing, hunting, hiking, militia training, etc. I like fall weather here in NY but I CAN live WITHOUT WINTER(& NYers)! I prefer a pleasant 65/70 day time temperature with lots of PALM TREES & Citrus....oh yeah and avocado trees...oh boy!

Sorry folks..but I don't like willoughpee or whatever it is. It's already been taken... need something original...

johnnydnh said:
Or This?
Downtown.jpg

The "or This" sounds perfect. Panama hats and Palm Beach suits all around. :eusa_clap

Regards,

J

Daisy Buchanan said:
Snow can be fun, but when it melts it leaves behind that horrible dirty slush.
I hope there will be a good daycare center, I wouldn't want the Evil Monkey to be left alone during the day while I'm either cleaning teeth or running the candy/bakery shoppe... I hope there's an Evil Monkey doctor around as well, just in case he gets the sniffles or a tummy ache.

I've got a nice playpen for evil monkeys:
lawnmowerdepot_1899_3111527

That will keep him busy for a while. :p :D

Regards,

J

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Elaina said:
I'll volunteer to be the town tailor/seamstress as soon as I finish fashion design college, and for you men out there (and to keep my modesty) my husband can do all the hard work, like sales, fittings and talking to people. I'll sit in the back with my treadle and sew away.

As to the name missing something, what about Willohby Heights?

Elaina

Actually, there is a "Willoughby Hills", next to downtown. More rural with lots of cool park lands. One area was owned by one Fergus Squire, a bigshot with Rockefeller's Standard Oil Co. He had intended to build a palatial estate there, but abandoned his plans after building the gatehouse only. The stone shell is still there and is known as Squire's Castle in these parts.
MVC-006F.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, that is quite the beautiful castle. I wouldn't mind if the houses in our vintage town looked like that. There is a town just outside of Boston called Wellesley, and there state buildings are very similar to that. Beautiful old stone castles. There are also some incredible houses that look like that, that are still being lived in. Built when the area was first settled and passed down from generation to generation. A really lovely town.

How 'bout Fedoraville, I think that pretty much sums up the feel of the town.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
I've got a nice playpen for evil monkeys:
lawnmowerdepot_1899_3111527

That will keep him busy for a while. :p :D

Regards,

J
Poor Evil Monkey, threatening to tear him to shreds, what a horrible thought! He really is a great little monkey once you get to know him....He could be the town mascot. Or, stories about him will be made up and told around camp fires in the summer to little kids. Soon there would be a movie The Evil Monkey of Fedoraville......

I just thought of another name, kind of silly , but I like it: GentHill

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
And to think this was only going to be the gatehouse.

I can only imagine what the main house would have looked like! There are quite a few houses around here in this style and very similar styles. Ya can't beat stone, it's just so,...eternel. :)
Not like the houses they build today.:rolleyes: The older a house is, the more I like it. :D

Rosie

One Too Many
Maj.Nick Danger said:
I can only imagine what the main house would have looked like! There are quite a few houses around here in this style and very similar styles. Ya can't beat stone, it's just so,...eternel. :)
Not like the houses they build today.:rolleyes: The older a house is, the more I like it. :D

That's what I was thinking, the gatehouse, uh? lol

Daisy Buchanan said:
Poor Evil Monkey, threatening to tear him to shreds, what a horrible thought! He really is a great little monkey once you get to know him....He could be the town mascot. Or, stories about him will be made up and told around camp fires in the summer to little kids. Soon there would be a movie The Evil Monkey of Fedoraville......

I just thought of another name, kind of silly , but I like it: GentHill

We aren't going to shred him. We are just going to have him sit there. If someone accidentally starts the machine then that is another story. ;)
Great. Instead of having a town drunk, we have a town horror B movie waiting to happen. :p

Regards,

J

Wild Root

Gone Home
The monkey will not be the mascot! Perish the thought! lol

The castle gate house is something... very unique but, not the right architecture for the town. I'm seeing mostly arts and crafts and streamlined in the golden era town... don't want it to look like 1492! We don’t' want a real live "Story book land" do we? lol

=WR=

Wild Root said:
The monkey will not be the mascot! Perish the thought! lol

The castle gate house is something... very unique but, not the right architecture for the town. I'm seeing mostly arts and crafts and streamlined in the golden era town... don't want it to look like 1492! We don’t' want a real live "Story book land" do we? lol

=WR=

StoryBook Land. Hmmmmmmmm......:D

Regards,

J

Wild Root

Gone Home
Powerhouse said:
Sorry folks..but I don't like willoughpee or whatever it is. It's already been taken... need something original...

Willoughpee.... lol lol lol lol

Yes, something original is what I'm saying! And something like Fedoraville is kind of... well, not it. Sorry, it just sounds kind of theme parkish.

I say we name this town...

Pacific Valley

River View

Park Passing

Majestic Point

Villa De Largo

Wild Planes

Orange Grove

Chew on those for a bit, there should be one that sounds good!

=WR=

Wild Root said:
Willoughpee.... lol lol lol lol

Yes, something original is what I'm saying! And something like Fedoraville is kind of... well, not it. Sorry, it just sounds kind of theme parkish.

I say we name this town...

Pacific Valley

River View

Park Passing

Majestic Point

Villa De Largo

Wild Planes

Orange Grove

Chew on those for a bit, there should be one that sounds good!

=WR=

Wild Planes!? Are we building a town or a hangar? :p :D
Majestic Point sounds like a place where the teenagers go on dates. ;)
Orange Grove seems a bit too rural.
How about Sentimental or Reminisce if you don't like Willoughby? [huh]

Regards,

J

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ooops, I mean Wild Plains!

Here's some more...

Shady Grove

Sunny Meadows

Passing Plains

Gower Falls