Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tonyb.....hatter and a gentleman

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
Actually, let me guess...I don`t want everyone to know lol ! But is is a real beaut! Do you have any photo`s of the leather band or lining?

lol lol The liner and sweat in mine are just like in the post below. A really, REALLY soft and comfortable sweat band, by the way. D, you would absolutely love one of these babies.:eusa_clap

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the kind words about my kids Tony. The hat was a big hit today. As a neat sidenote, my Dad(who is a life long cowboy hat wearer) fell in love with Tony's work and has now caught the bug and is looking to get his first new lid in a long, long time. His hats have a whole lotta rough mileage.lol lol lol

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Here is the money shot from yesterday.
tonyblidwp0.png

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
This hat is getting alot of love. I wear it to work each day now and trade it out for my hardhat :rage: But I am getting a ton of compliments on it. Today an older fella asked me about it and commented that you can't find tall crowns like that anymore. He was really amazed, and he has rekindled his love of lids. This hat is doing some recruiting.:D

Jerekson

One Too Many
Wow, looks like I missed alot. I had no idea Tony was doing this all of a sudden. Great! It's hard to find a custom hatter who actually knows his vintage styles...this is very good.

That being said, the hat looks wonderful. Truly...although I have to admit I tihnk that ribbon would drive me nuts!

Jerekson

One Too Many
...because every time I picked up the hat I would feel like I was putting it on backwards! lol

That's a hoot, Jerekson. If there's any design element where I part from traditional styles, it's the bows. I tend to make them a bit more prominent than they generally were back in the day. Maybe it's just a phase I'm going through.

We all "borrow" ideas. The double bow (with "tails" both front and back) isn't all that common, but it ain't all that scarce, either. That fellow over in Vienna makes some nice ones, judging from the photos on his website.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Guys, I have some really fantastic fedoras, but this one has gotten more compliments from friends and strangers than all my other lids combined. Tony absolutely hit it outa the park with this one. Two things I know, I NEED another and I didn't pay him enough for this one, which I need to rectify.[huh]

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
handlebar bart said:
Here is the money shot from yesterday.
tonyblidwp0.png

Bart, I wonder if you might be able to post some closer pics of this hat on your noggin, both front and profile? I'd like to the the hat closer. It looks mighty fine, but a closer shot or two would sure help a lot. Thanks.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
Bart, I wonder if you might be able to post some closer pics of this hat on your noggin, both front and profile? I'd like to the the hat closer. It looks mighty fine, but a closer shot or two would sure help a lot. Thanks.

I will take some pics Bob. Might not get em up til tomorrow though. Its funny cause I'm in my jammies and still have it onlol lol

BobC

handlebar bart said:
I will take some pics Bob. Might not get em up til tomorrow though. Its funny cause I'm in my jammies and still have it onlol lol

Heck, I wear a hat around the house most of the time. I'm not in my jammers, but my Campdraft is still up there. Truth be known, a lot us do the same thing.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:

tb3ji2.png

tbxu1.png

BobC

handlebar bart said:

Looks great, Bart. When I read the crown was 6 in. I thought it was pretty tall, but it looks really good on you. I'd love to ask tonyb to make one for me and I might just do that, but right now I have three or four irons in the fire already. Someday, someday.

bolthead

If I could only bring myself to stop buying vintage Lids for $30 and $40 off of that auction site and save that money up.....maybe I would be able to afford to get a Custom Lid. :eusa_doh:

I'd love to own a hat from Art or the Major, heck...I'd be honored to wear a hat made by Tony, He has a very unique style.

I once told Stoney, after seeing his first hat he made for himself. I'd love to have a hat made by him. He does classic work. My problem is the funds unfortunately. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy