Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tonyb.....hatter and a gentleman

Tony B. "Tumwater Hats" The Natural.....

I didn't know there was already a thread started, so I want to post my recent Tony B. hat here......:eusa_clap

Tony is a great guy and eager to please. His work is very professional.

Enjoy!!

Digicam2014.jpg

Digicam2015.jpg

Digicam2010.jpg

Digicam2008.jpg

Digicam2011.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Glad to see this thread get a bump. Tony's a super guy and makes a really nice lid. Frussell and CRM, all three of those look great!

CRM, what color is that lighter one?

What color is the lighter one?

Bob,

The lighter colored hat is called Natural. The pictures are pretty darn close to the actual color as I compare them.

BobC said:
Glad to see this thread get a bump. Tony's a super guy and makes a really nice lid. Frussell and CRM, all three of those look great!

CRM, what color is that lighter one?

steppenwolph

Familiar Face
New Tonyb Classic

Howdy All,
I've had this hat for a while now, but have been too busy to post a picture of it here. Now that I've got a moment, here is my latest from Tony: a bold black beauty!

ribbonView.jpg

As seen against the brick of our new digs, here in the sunny suburbs of Philly. Check out that bow.

rightSideView.jpg

The other side!

frontView.jpg

The front

liner.jpg

The liner, with initials stamped into the sweatband.

bowCloseUp.jpg

A close up detail of that bow.

emmyHat.jpg

A noggin shot, with my youngest daughter, who has just stopped trying to grab the hat. Not that I blame her, but its MINE!

This is my second hat from Tony, and I could not be more pleased. I love this felt he uses, all beaver of course, and his bow work here is first rate. I love the asymmetric take on a classic theme he has going on here. Also, the fit on this hat is spot on, and its very comfortable to wear.
I really love this new lid, and can't say enough good things about it. Even my teenage son loves it and wants to wear it. But he has about as much chance of borrowing this hat as he does the car! Thanks for another wonderful lid, Tony.

Herzen

One of the Regulars
steppenwolph said:
Howdy All,
I've had this hat for a while now, but have been too busy to post a picture of it here. Now that I've got a moment, here is my latest from Tony: a bold black beauty!

ribbonView.jpg

As seen against the brick of our new digs, here in the sunny suburbs of Philly. Check out that bow.

rightSideView.jpg

The other side!

frontView.jpg

The front

liner.jpg

The liner, with initials stamped into the sweatband.

bowCloseUp.jpg

A close up detail of that bow.

emmyHat.jpg

A noggin shot, with my youngest daughter, who has just stopped trying to grab the hat. Not that I blame her, but its MINE!

This is my second hat from Tony, and I could not be more pleased. I love this felt he uses, all beaver of course, and his bow work here is first rate. I love the asymmetric take on a classic theme he has going on here. Also, the fit on this hat is spot on, and its very comfortable to wear.
I really love this new lid, and can't say enough good things about it. Even my teenage son loves it and wants to wear it. But he has about as much chance of borrowing this hat as he does the car! Thanks for another wonderful lid, Tony.

Wow! That is a fantastic hat! Now that autumn is approaching I just may have to commision another fine hat from Tony...

frussell

One Too Many
Check the website

Fluteplayer - go to the Tumwater Hats website, and if you order, let him know you're on the Lounge, you may get a small discount. I found Tony to be top-notch to work with, and by far the best communicator I've ordered a custom from. He sent pictures and consulted with me every step of the way, giving me exactly what I asked for, and all at a great price. Highly recommended. Frank

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
frussell said:
Fluteplayer - go to the Tumwater Hats website, and if you order, let him know you're on the Lounge, you may get a small discount. I found Tony to be top-notch to work with, and by far the best communicator I've ordered a custom from. He sent pictures and consulted with me every step of the way, giving me exactly what I asked for, and all at a great price. Highly recommended. Frank

I've talked to him a few times before (great guy, by the way), asked him about a pretty crazy idea involving a lot of stitching... He said he'd maybe look into down the road. Never asked him the prices on beaver, though.

bolthead

I found Tony to be top-notch to work with, and by far the best communicator I've ordered a custom from. He sent pictures and consulted with me every step of the way, giving me exactly what I asked for, and all at a great price. Highly recommended. Frank

I definitely have to agree with you Frank. I'm actually going through the whole process you speak of right now. He's even promised me that I'd have it in time for my Birthday on the 13th. I know from past experiences w/him, he's a man of his word and a super guy. This will be my 1st lid from him and I can't wait to see it.

bolthead

Tony called me, he said it was mailed out today. I feel like it's Christmas in Nov.

PS. I also have a special 50th B-day lid coming by way of Art. :cheers1: :eusa_clap

Last edited:

Neophyte

Wow, Tomasso...shakeshead

Aside from that, StepphenWolph's TonyB lid is amazing!

Bolthead, can't wait to see your new lid!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy